PDA

View Full Version : help! I need info on this pen! thank you!

tato_gt
December 19th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Hello everybody!

This is the pen that got me into the hobby! I was at my Dad's house and I saw the pen... I grabbed it and he told me if I can get it to work, I can keep it. So I started looking for information about the pen and how to clean it... I discovered some videos of Steven Brown and I learned how to make pen flush... so I cleaned it (it was extremely dirty) and I took a Sheaffer cartridge filled it up with some old ink that my dad had... and it worked very well!! so I kept it... however, I have some questions... and my dad also like to know some things... I know is a Sheaffer Targa... but I don't know the year it was made... I don't know if the nib is a gold nib... I know it is very smooth and somewhat soft... I don't know how much this pen is worth... I'm not planning to sell it, but I want to know the value... also... I want to know what does the symbol on top of the cap means... it is some sort of W or M I don't have a clue!! and finally I guess the material is aluminum...

thank you for all your help on answering our questions!!

Carlos

Roger W.
December 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
It is steel as is the nib. The top is a company logo of some sort (I have one for Hostess). It is likely the 1001 model made in 1980. I bought the same model in 1982 and am currently using it. It is worth $50+.

Roger W.

jar
December 19th, 2013, 01:32 PM
The body is brushed steel IIRC. I bought one about the same time as Roger and also still use it.

tato_gt
December 19th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Thank you so much this is great help!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

cwent2
December 19th, 2013, 06:28 PM
:welcome:to the forum and the obsessio..... er Hobbby

Cheers!

Cw

arthurdent
December 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
It was the first pen I bought. I lost the cap some fifteen years ago. Bought a replacement pen on eBay for £25 so that I could use my well used nib unit.