PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Golly Gosh!!!!!!!!!!! (or something along those lines :)

fountainpenkid
April 2nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hi All,

After sailing practice today, I was eagerly awaiting my m400 (which was bitten by my lovely pooches: http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/449-The-Pen-May-Be-Mightier-than-the-Sword-But-dogs-beat-them-both!) and I got it!

But here's the surprise: the only problem with the pen was the chewed mechanism (the barrel was chewed but functional), but the pen that arrived in the mail today was a TOTALLY NEW PEN!!!!! They replaced EVERYTHING!!!! (minus the nib, for obvious reasons.....).Even the cap, which was only a bit worn, was replaced completey. This is a street price of $180 (on Richard Binder;s site) And the best part is I didn't pay one cent, not even for shipping. Talk about customer service!

Just wanted to pass on my great news,

Will

fountainpenkid
April 2nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
bump!

Tracy Lee
April 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Outstanding!!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

KrazyIvan
April 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
It was probably easier to just send you the new pen. Good on Pelikan.

Pinkys.Brain
April 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
d- ^_^ -b double thumbs up!

fountainpenkid
April 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
yeah, abi (the pen repairer) said she has 'round 300 pens to repair, so I don't think its very efficient to truly repair them :) But a new pen is better than a half new-half old one!

will

klpeabody
April 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
hey, that's great! i'm so glad to hear a happy ending to this story!

fountainpenkid
April 3rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
@kp288908--yeah, I'm happy too! I really was baffled when i saw a whole new pen!

dannzeman
April 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
This is fantastic news! I'm very happy for you. I can only imagine how excited you were when you received the pen.