PDA

View Full Version : Parker "51"s for sale

mastersmith
December 21st, 2013, 12:44 AM
As I have gotten on a bit of a buy and repair kick, I have spent all of my money and I need to sell some of my pens, and I've just gotten finished with these two beautiful Items.
I have:
1.) A Parker "51" Aerometric Pen and pencil set in black. 7885
The pen has been given a thorough working over and is in great shape. The only issue with it is that there is a tiny bit chipped off of the end of the hood that doesn't interfere with the function of the pen in any way. The lustraloy cap has no dings whatsoever and no major scratches, only those that would be gained from normal use. The body of the pen is in the same great shape as the cap. The date code is faint, but reads .9. The nib has a 1948 date code and is a nice fine/medium. 7886

The pencil is in slightly more well-used condition but is otherwise in good condition. Having owned only one other "51"pencil I can't testify too much to it's workings, but I can say that it does feed lead through the mechanism which is the cap-activated type. It has a 1948 date code. There is a tube of original Parker leads included.7887
The box itself is beautiful gold and leather. It is in the shape you would expect one to be after over 60 years, but it is still solid. The gold plating is worn in places, but otherwise it's in fair shape.
The price for this set will be $150.

2.) A very crisp date code .5. Parker "51" Vacumatic with a really nice sterling silver cap. I really wanted one
for a while, but I've had this one for about 9 months and I think I've used it once. I'm not one to keep a pen I don't use, so I'm listing it here in hopes of selling it.7888
I had to replace the filler unit in it, and while it's not pretty, it works well. The pen has a new diaphragm as well. The hood has a couple of noticeable scratches in it but otherwise, the pen is in great shape.
7890 The cap has only one ding in it, and the finish on the silver itself in in fantastic condition. 7889
The only flaws in it are just normal wear and tear microscratches with no major scratches at all.
This pen will be $130.

I will accept returns within a week of receiving the pens, with the buyer paying return shipping.
There is a 6 month workmanship warranty on the pens. If there are any issues with my workmanship- such as the Vacumatic diaphragm, I will fix it. This does not include problems from user error such as bad pen hygiene, the buyer disassembling the pen, issues with the mechanics or materials of the pen, the buyer dropping the pen or any other issue with my own discretion.

US buyers pay $5.80 USPS Flat Rate shipping, rest of the world, PM for shipping quote.

I am open to offers, trades, partial trades for pens and parts.
Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions, comments or offers!
Will

mastersmith
December 21st, 2013, 10:20 AM
Sterling Silver Vacumatic has been sold within 8 hours of its listing!
Set is still available!