PDA

View Full Version : Platinum #3776 with music nib and black 1942 Pelikan 100N

Murfie
December 21st, 2013, 09:54 PM
Both of these pens have now been SOLD

Details of these pens with prices, additional photos and shipping details can be viewed on the website (http://mbm47.net/sale.php) along with the other pens that I am currently offering. Just click on the item line in the list to view the respective photographs.

Runnin_Ute
December 22nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Saw those earlier. Beautiful pens Murfie.

VertOlive
December 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Whoa, Wish I'd seen this! I probably was ordering the 3776 Music pen new as this was being posted

...:tsk:

Murfie
December 25th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Whoa, Wish I'd seen this!
No, VO, you didn't miss out. Since posting this thread I've run into problems with Australia Post losing packages before they get out of the country so all export sales are on hold for the time being while I try to find some other alternative.

VertOlive
December 25th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Whew! It looks like it's going to be a fun purchase, really looking forward to trying out this nib.

Best of luck with those postal worries!

Murfie
December 25th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Whew! It looks like it's going to be a fun purchase, really looking forward to trying out this nib.
The nib is really great. Nice and wet and very smooth. I'm not a great lover of thicker nibs and the horizontal line width was a tad too large for my liking, hence the sale offer. But these pens are great value for money, as are all of the Platinum #3776 series.

VertOlive
December 26th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Well, if it helps, I just got my 3776 w/ Music nib today and am really enjoying it. Very generous line, my smoothest writer yet!

Murfie
December 27th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Well, if it helps, I just got my 3776 w/ Music nib today and am really enjoying it. Very generous line, my smoothest writer yet!
I was confident you would enjoy it, VO. I'm pleased that was the case. Nothing more satisfying that a pen purchase turning out trumps. Enjoy!

Overseas shipping on my sales has now been reinstated with a new mode offering content insurance.

Ed333
December 31st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Newbie question, is a music nib really useful only for writing notation, or can it have other desirable applications? Are there significant drawbacks in other applications?

Murfie
December 31st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Newbie question, is a music nib really useful only for writing notation, or can it have other desirable applications? Are there significant drawbacks in other applications?
Ed, I only used mine for letter writing and from that perspective it is simply a BB stub nib with a thicker horizontal stroke. With a stub nib the difference in width between vertical and horizontal strokes is quite marked. With the music nib the difference is not as pronounced. The twin slits in the nib provide a very even and rich ink flow.

As regards other uses for this nib, then maybe another member might post a comment for you.

Murfie
January 3rd, 2014, 05:05 PM
The Platinum #3776 with music nib has now been sold. The Pelikan 100N is still available.