PDA

View Full Version : Bad taste Pen Packaging

Paul-H
December 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Hi all

How about this for a bit of bad taste Pen Packaging.

I won a Parker 51 on the Bay of Evil and the seller claims to be selling goods for a Children's Charity,

The Pen arrived nice and quickly and was exactly as described, but the thing that caught my eye was what the seller had put it in to post, take a look below.

Whats wrong with using a Video box I hear you say, and unless you are in the UK you might not get what I am pointing out here, but this is from a Children's Charity and the front cover has a Picture of Stuart Hall a one time TV Presenter who has just been sent to prison for molesting children.

What a Fo Par that one is.

Paul

MisterBoll
December 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM
If you start looking at all the child abusers in Brit entertainment and government the list gets very long and very high. Perhaps a bit too high for people's comfort levels.

Remember what Johnny Rotten said about Jimmy Savile (back in the day).

Paul-H
December 24th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I still reckon all the Police are doing is working their way through Jimmy Saviles Phone book and nicking everyone in it.

Paul

MisterBoll
December 24th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I still reckon all the Police are doing is working their way through Jimmy Saviles Phone book and nicking everyone in it.

Paul

You wouldn't be surprised how many people are being let off.

Plume145
December 29th, 2013, 06:23 AM
There's even another layer with the title that references Belgians. Belgium got a lot of bad press from about 1996 to mid-00s because of the infamous Marc Dutroux, a pedophile who kidnapped six little girls over several years in the mid-nineties to abuse them, subsequently killing four of them. I don't know how much play this got over on the other side of the pond, but across Europe, for a long time it got a lot of play, so unless the guy is like 20, he could be expected to know that. So the whole thing really is remarkable, it could hardly be worse if it'd been planned, surely :jaw:

Paul-H
December 29th, 2013, 11:36 AM
The thing is that Stwart Hall has only just been convicted so the seller must have know who he was, it's been in the news for months now.

Still in bad taste for this to have come out of a children's charity support group.

Paul

View from the Loft
December 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
How long would it have taken them to remove the cover from the box? Oh heavens, such lack of thought.