PDA

View Full Version : Resistence is futile....

Sailor Kenshin
April 4th, 2012, 10:57 AM
... when it comes to another fountain pen forum.

I think I got into fountain pens from sketching, and seeing a reference to a Pelikan 120, described as an artist's sketch pen. Naturally they were unavailable! But years later, a pen pal gave me one, so there ya go.

My first fountain pen was probably a Skrip school pen with the metal cap and translucent plastic body, and even then I did not like black ink.

Once I decided to start using fountain pens on a regular basis, I got a Rotrting Artpen with a 1.1 calligraphy nib and a Diplomat Butterfly, which no one has ever heard of.

Before the innerwebs, I subscribed to some fountain pen mags. Currently I'm on a Chinese fountain pen and fude kick.

Looking forward to new fields of play.

KrazyIvan
April 4th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Welcome to this board. :D

The Follows
April 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Welcome aboard! With so much content on the 'webs, I haven't seen many magazines. I'd love to find some. Do you recommend any in particular?

writingrav
April 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Welcome aboard! With so much content on the 'webs, I haven't seen many magazines. I'd love to find some. Do you recommend any in particular?

Check out Pen World.Great pictures and features. The April issue just coming out.

Sailor Kenshin
April 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM

Bearing in mind that this was B. I. (Before Innerwebs), I have to go look at the issues I still have. Wonder if they are still in print.... back later when I find them.

dannzeman
April 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Welcome!

I'd be interested in those magazines as well. I'm only aware of Stylus (now out of print) and Pen World.

Sailor Kenshin
April 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I checked---one was called the Pennant. I think it was a publication of some fountain pen society, the PCA:

http://www.pencollectorsofamerica.com/

The Follows
April 10th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I checked---one was called the Pennant. I think it was a publication of some fountain pen society, the PCA:

http://www.pencollectorsofamerica.com/

Thanks! I think that one comes with your membership when you sign up.

I'll see if I can find Pen World too.
Hope to see some of your sketches in some posts. :-)