PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have experience with the Baoer 801?

ac12
December 24th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I'm looking at the Baoer 801.
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with this pen.
thanks

I did a search and the only hits were FPN, but FPN is currently down for maintenance.

TMac
December 24th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I have one and really enjoy the pen. It lays down a great line and has moderate weight. The nib is really smooth. My only problem is the nib seems to be very narrow, and will skip when I roll the pen.

hbdk
December 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Nice pens - I used them as part of my Business Gifts for Christmas this year together with some asian food and spices. I tested a couple of them before sending them out, and they are nice writers. The nib is very fine indeed; more like European Extra Fine. They work fine both with int. standard cartridges (small ones only - the long ones get stuck in the barrel) and converters.

Dorset
January 12th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Just purchased a couple of Baoer 801's on Ebay. Delivered to the US from China in 9 days. Wish I could report that they were a good pen. Note that the pen I purchased as an 801 is significantly different than what others describe and what I see listed elsewhere as an 801. In other words, it pays to look closely at the pics! What I ended up with has the same body, but a completely different nib. The nib on mine is concealed and impossible to access. It says fine, but the line it produces is like a heavy medium. It is scratchy at first. Fit and finish are poor. Cap is a little wobbly whether capped or posted. I have other Baoer pens that I really like (388 and 79), but this one, if it really is a Baoer, is a dud. There is absolutely no markings of any kind on this pen, so it is possible that it is a knock-off by another company. As they say, caveat emptor! While I am not happy with this pen, it only cost $2 including shipping, so I can't complain too loudly!