PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Pen Show 2012

GilsDesk
April 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Anyone planning to attend the Atlanta Pen Show in less than two weeks?
I think I'll drop in there Saturday the 14th.

Has anyone been to that one before (it's in its 17th year).
Is it worth a look-see?

j01270
April 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Yes, I plan to attend but not sure which day(s) as we are staying with friends the entire weekend.

GilsDesk
April 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM
My youngest son (13) and I had a wonderful time at the ATL Pen Show on Saturday. It was our first Pen Show, and we really enjoyed it, even though we could only spend a couple of hours there. (We were traveling from Florida to Kentucky, and spent the night in Atlanta, at the hotel where the show was held.) We met a lot of friendly pen fans, bought a Lamy AL-Star (Ruby) for my son, found some slim cartridges for the old Sheaffer, and bought a unique pen made by a very interesting guy. It was a great experience! We wished that we could have stayed longer. We will definitely be looking for another good show in the future, if we can find one that isn't too far away.

caribbean_skye
April 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I went it was my first pen show and I had a great time. Decided to spend the 3 days there as I drove up from Savannah, GA.

Trillium
March 28th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I went in 2012 and had a blast..as it was my first show, I have nothing to compare it to. was it worth a look-see? Oh most defiitely!
The highlight of my few show hours on Sunday was Pendleton Brown and his nibwork. I plan to attend all three days this year as a vender...pen wraps and stand mostly.... an excuse for a three day boondoggle and a tax deductable pen show...can it get better than that???

caribbean_skye
March 28th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I won't be attending the ATL one this year so I'll miss seeing you Trillium. :( I'm sure you'll enjoy it more this year since you'll be there for all three days.

j01270
April 1st, 2013, 03:31 PM
I cannot go this year but have attended twice in the past. The times I have been, it was well worth it.