PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Ink Samples

mtnbiker62
December 27th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hi all. I'm pretty new to fountain pens and to this board, so I'm still doing some exploring of inks and pens. I like pretty fine nibs and Japanese pens, so shading inks aren't that important to me, but I'm willing to try just about anything. To that end, I'd like to trade ink samples, so if you are interested, get in touch with me. I will also trade the mostly full (minus 2-3 converter fills) of Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo, if the deal is right. Here's my have/want list:

Have:
Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi
Sailor Kiwa-Guro Nano Ultra Black
Diamine Midnight
Noodler’s 54th Massachussetts
Organics Studio Managanate V
Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-kai
Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo
Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki
Pilot Iroshizuku Asa-gao
Pilot Blue/Black
Private Reserve Midnight Blues
J. Herbin Lie De The
Noodler's Nightshade
De Atramentis Sahara Grey
Diamine Green/Black
Diamine Grape
Akkerman Voorhout Violet
Private Reserve Ebony Purple
Diamine Red Dragon
Diamine Salamander
Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun

2ml Goulet sample of Noodler's Baystate Blue

Want:

Diamine Ancient Copper
Diamine Blue/Black
Diamine Monaco Red
Diamine Syrah
Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Bordeaux
Rohrer & Klingner Sepia
Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa
Rohrer & Klingner Salix
Private Reserve Electric DC Blue
Noodler's Apache Sunset
Noodler's Black
Noodler’s Red Black
Organics Studio Blue Merle
Organics Studio Carbon Black
Organics Studio Join Or Die
Organics Studio Foggy Bottom
Sailor Sei-Boku Blue/Black Nano
Sailor Rikyu Cha
Sailor Miru Ai
Kaweco Aubergine

Any dusty, dirty, dark or murky inks

Thanks for looking!

mtnbiker62
February 21st, 2014, 08:17 PM
Updated with new haves and wants.

measi
March 12th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I have Goulet ink sample bottles of Ancient Copper and Scabiosa that I'd be happy to trade with you (I already have bottles of both). I'd love to trade for the Diamine Green/Black and the PR Ebony Purple. Drop me a PM if you're interested. (I'm in Rhode Island, BTW).

jfsisler
March 12th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I wish I had those colors because I would love to try the ancient copper....sadly though I don't

VertOlive
March 12th, 2014, 08:41 PM
"Any dusty, dirty, dark or murky inks"

You might enjoy:

Noodler's Burma Road

Stipula Musk Green

mtnbiker62
March 29th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Updated with new haves and wants.

sharmon202
March 31st, 2014, 02:21 PM
I have 10 cartridges or PR DC supershow elec blue available. I do not like! I wuld like to try Mass 54th and Diamine Midnight, PR midnight blues. How does this work?

mtnbiker62
March 31st, 2014, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the interest. I'm not a fan of cartridges, though, so I'm going to pass.

Plume145
April 1st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Do you do transatlantic trades? I have a lot of ink, mostly in Goulet samples, and I'm streamlining/focusing my stash so I would be happy to swap. Mostly a lot of Noodler's

mtnbiker62
April 1st, 2014, 04:39 PM
Do you do transatlantic trades? I have a lot of ink, mostly in Goulet samples, and I'm streamlining/focusing my stash so I would be happy to swap. Mostly a lot of Noodler's

The postage doesn't really make it worth it...sorry.

Plume145
April 1st, 2014, 05:55 PM
ah, too bad :)

Sailor Kenshin
April 2nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Are you interested in a sample of Noodler's El Lawrence? Can't get much murkier.... ;)

mtnbiker62
April 2nd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Are you interested in a sample of Noodler's El Lawrence? Can't get much murkier.... ;)

What color is that ink? Black? Green? I can't tell...

Sailor Kenshin
April 2nd, 2014, 09:13 AM

Neither can anyone else, lol...

It's a blackish, brownish, greenish sort of motor oil.

Dark 'n' murky. (http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_El_Lawrence_Ink_3oz_p/n19599.htm)

mtnbiker62
April 2nd, 2014, 09:22 AM

Dark 'n' murky. (http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_El_Lawrence_Ink_3oz_p/n19599.htm)

What the heck...I'll bite! What are you interested in?

Sailor Kenshin
April 2nd, 2014, 09:33 AM

What the heck...I'll bite! What are you interested in?

Kon-peki or Asa-Gao, whichever has less purple tones. Thanks!

mtnbiker62
April 2nd, 2014, 10:36 AM
I'll have to look at them...I think of them more as light and dark.

Sailor Kenshin
April 2nd, 2014, 11:07 AM
I think maybe the Kon-peki?

Time to trade addresses? PM me! Thanks.

Cookies
April 2nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
I'd like to try Diamine Salamander. Off of your want list I can trade Diamine Syrah or Rohrer and Klingner Sepia. If you've tried those, some other murky/dark/dusty colors I have are Diamine Damson, Diamine Merlot, J. Herbin Cacao du Brésil, J. Herbin Poussiére de Lune, J. Herbin Vert Empire, Organics Studio Arsenic or Stipula Musk Green.

snedwos
April 2nd, 2014, 09:51 PM
I could trade Ancient Copper, Scabiosa and Apache Sunset for Salamander, Alt Goldgrün and BSB. Just need to track down some empty vials (or use up samples).

mtnbiker62
April 3rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
I'd like to try Diamine Salamander. Off of your want list I can trade Diamine Syrah or Rohrer and Klingner Sepia. If you've tried those, some other murky/dark/dusty colors I have are Diamine Damson, Diamine Merlot, J. Herbin Cacao du Brésil, J. Herbin Poussiére de Lune, J. Herbin Vert Empire, Organics Studio Arsenic or Stipula Musk Green.

I'd love to swap my Salamander for your Syrah. PM me, and we'll work out the details.

mtnbiker62
April 3rd, 2014, 08:31 AM
I could trade Ancient Copper, Scabiosa and Apache Sunset for Salamander, Alt Goldgrün and BSB. Just need to track down some empty vials (or use up samples).

Sounds like an interesting trade. Hit me up when you've got some vials, and we'll make the swap.

snedwos
April 3rd, 2014, 08:48 AM
Got them ready.