PDA

View Full Version : Passing on knowledge

@penfancy
April 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d03605eb-7d9e-8c1a.jpg

For my daughter's birthdays this week, 3 and 8, I got them Pelikano fp s of their favorite colors and took them to Dromgoole's today to pick out their favorite inks.

They picked PR Rose Rage and Highlighter Chartreuse respectively.

Not only has it been a fun bonding experience but so good to see them express themselves.

One of the greatest pleasures came from showing my 8 year old how to flush her pen and fill the c/c. She then wanted to clean all of mine. I let her clean the Safari, :eek: just in case. She performed beautifully!
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

jor412
April 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
What a great way to get young people interested. :)

KrazyIvan
April 7th, 2012, 12:02 PM
My girls are interested. My oldest has two fountain pens. A Sheaffer Flat Top school pen in purple and a Chinese pen that I ground into a stub for her. (Huashilai 3000).

fountainpenkid
April 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM
great idea! I gave a cross aventura to my sister, and she uses fps alot now!

Freddy
April 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM
What great gifts. :)

Tracy Lee
April 13th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Not only great for appreciating fountain pens, but that is great paper to write on so they will be able to appreciate both!! :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

caribbean_skye
May 2nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
That's awesome. I still have the Sheaffer school pen from when I was in HS and it still writes fine and I still use it. :)

fountainpenkid
May 2nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
pic?

Bogon07
May 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
@penfancy
Nice colour co-ordination of the pens and notebooks.
I was surprised by the Charteuse as I expected the ink to be a skyblue, aqua, turquoise colour.

That is a clever idea to start them young so you can reap the benefits later when they are old enough to start buying you stationery related presents.

John the Monkey
May 3rd, 2012, 01:44 AM
My youngest is an FP fan - she began with a pink Pelikano too, although her favourite pen now is a Safari. She also has one of my Hero 616's, an old "University" lever filler, and a no name calligraphy pen she picked up at a local discount store. Her only gripe is that they're only allowed blue or black ink at school, she'd much prefer to use Rouge Opera, or Amazing Amethyst :)

@penfancy
May 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Bogon07, she thought she would like to write with the highlighter ink. I've since filled it with Florida Blue.

My 3 year old is so excited to have homework now and loves to trace letters with Rose Rage pink. Her middle name is Rose. She holds is perfect and makes legible letters too.

Little monsters, they make me so proud :D

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2