PDA

View Full Version : Engeika customised Sailor converter?

andymcc
December 28th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I purchased a Sailor Sapporo Mini from AndysPens last week(no affiliation), the service from Andy was fantastic and the pen looks great, I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I've emptied a cartridge ready to fill with Visconti Sepia ink. I know the Mini can only take Sailor's standard cartridges but I found an item on Engeika's site called a customised converter that he says will fit the Sapporo Mini.
http://www.engeika.com/product/271

Has anyone tried the customised converter or does anyone know how the converter is customised?

Sailor standard converters can be bought in the UK for about £5 so if the modification is easy I'll try it myself as shipping costs from Engeika mean it would cost over £13.

Murfie
December 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
... as shipping costs from Engeika mean it would cost over £13.
I think you'll read on that page that you linked to your post that the postage is just US$3 for unlimited numbers of this converter. This might be more convenient than doing surgery on one yourself.

alc3261
December 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I have got one, I think it is a cut down normal one. Works fine.

andymcc
December 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Murfie Thanks :thumb: you're right, I hadn't noticed the $3 shipping part, the total is $9 which is around £5.50 or the same price as getting a standard converter from a UK vendor. Chopping the converter down shouldn't be a problem as it looks like the same design as the Jinhao converter I've cut down but as you said it would be far easier to buy one from Engeika :)

alc3261 Thanks :) it's good to know the Engeika converter works ok, I'll no doubt end up ordering one as he'll probably make a better job of the cutting than I will :)