PDA

View Full Version : Another new UK member

bananamoon
December 28th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone. I'm from England and rather into pens and the suchlike. I've got a blog which I've been writing on since August - I don't know if I'm supposed to link to it here so I won't, just in case! I'm quite proud of how it's coming along though.

I have no idea how many pens I have, which according to my partner means I have a problem. My favourites (at the moment) would have to be: Platinum 3776 Sai (fine nib), Faber-Castell e-motion (medium nib) and Faber-Castell Ambition (extra-fine nib). Oh and my faithful Kaweco Class Sport (EF nib but not very EF if you ask me).

If I have any greater problem than my pen obsession it's probably with inks. I've got a lot of Diamine inks because they're wonderful and they're affordable but also very much like Organics Studio and Pelikan Edelstein. For Christmas I got my first bottle of Iroshizuku ink (kiri-same) and I love it so much...

Blastmaster1972
December 28th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Welcome!

I have no idea how many pens I have, which according to my partner means I have a problem.

The way I see it, you don't have a problem, you have enough pens to choose from! :)

Kind regards,

Jos

bananamoon
December 28th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Oh I never have enough!!!

Zanshin
December 28th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Hello and welcome from sunny Surrey.

I wouldn't worry about keeping tabs on the number of pens you have. Whenever you think you've done it you open a drawer and another one pops up.

What's the blog about?

bananamoon
December 28th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I think you're right! It's about pens, paper and pencils. And ink. Lots of ink...

caribbean_skye
December 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Welcome, welcome.

One can never have too many pens or ink.

bananamoon
December 28th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I couldn't agree more :)

85AKbN
December 28th, 2013, 06:12 PM
:welcome:

VertOlive
December 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Yep. The Ink.

I, too, just love the Ink! Welcome to the forum!

bananamoon
December 31st, 2013, 12:03 AM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I think I'm going to like it here :)

Annie
December 31st, 2013, 01:43 AM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I think I'm going to like it here :)

Welcome to the world of pens and paper/ink/vintage blotters/letter openers/wax seals and then there's notebooks...

Malcolm
December 31st, 2013, 02:09 AM
Hello bananamoon...:welcome:

cwent2
January 1st, 2014, 12:51 AM

Jeph
January 1st, 2014, 12:50 PM

Jon Szanto
January 2nd, 2014, 11:26 PM
Dear Bananamoon,

Oh, you seem to be the perfect person for this place. Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

KrazyIvan
January 3rd, 2014, 12:56 PM