PDA

View Full Version : Apica Premium CD Notebook - my new favorite among others

lisantica
December 29th, 2013, 06:32 AM
I am using a few different journals, Rhodia, Mnemosyne and Tomoe River.
I have just added the Apica Premium journal and wanted to add it as a recommendation for anyone who hasn't tried it.
I would actually recommend any of the above mentioned papers.

Being new to fountain pens, I don't feel qualified to post or conduct a review, so I thought I'd just share some top picks.

What are a few of your top pics?

Lesabendio
December 29th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Life Paper and Tsubame are two other manufacturers whose offerings I enjoy. Life makes several grades of paper which are all above average quality.

lisantica
December 29th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Life Paper and Tsubame are two other manufacturers whose offerings I enjoy. Life makes several grades of paper which are all above average quality.

Thank you, I'll have to try those, I'm always looking for new paper to try. I found out about the ones I posted by reading replies to threads.

RudyR
December 29th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Pro Tip:

Apica sold in the US as Petite NB B7 will fit your Midori Passport size Notebook just fine. It is the same size as the midori notebook refill except it has a more rigid binding. Price a time of purchase, $1.69 USD.

Almost forgot, this paper is very FP friendly.

da vinci
December 29th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I got a $3 banditapple carnet to test. There is a post in the paper and paraphernalia forum by the owner of the company IIRC. I am impressed with the quality and behaviours of the paper. May be worth a try, as the texture of the paper is different to my Rhodia pad (it's rougher for want of a better word, that should not be seen as a negative).

lisantica
December 29th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I will look into those papers, thank you.