PDA

View Full Version : My Reintroduction

Penne Stilografiche
December 29th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Hello All,

I am reintroducing myself as I just changed my username from collectiblepens.com to Penne Stilografiche. I originally had the website collectiblepens.webs.com, although I did not completely purchase and register the domain name quick enough and therefore some website company bought it. I inquired about the price of the website and they quoted me $2500, which I think is a complete rip-off. I choose the name "Penne Stilografiche" because it means "fountain pens" in Italian and I collect vintage Italian pens.

Since I joined this forum (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/3576-Hello-from-New-York), I have continued to also collect vintage Montblancs, Pelikans, and Watermans although I have completely stopped collecting anything modern and started collecting vintage demonstrators (some of which can be seen in this thread (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5062-Show-us-your-VINTAGE-DEMONSTRATORS)) as well as Parkers. I have also amassed quite an assortment of inks, last time I counted I have around 50 different bottles, maybe more (Just a side note to all people who are starting to collect/ write with fountain pens, skip the cheap inks and try to buy just premium inks like Pelikan Edelstein, Iroshizuku, and Montblanc inks. I have to force myself to use anything but those inks, except if it's Diamine Sepia or Noodler's Apache Sunset.)

I have learned a lot more from this forum, as well as FPB, although everyday I learn something new. Also, I have begun to truly appreciate this forum as well as the FPB as they both have little moderation and a nice laidback style feel verses the FPN. The last post I made on the FPN will be the last post I will ever make there. There's more drama and bs there than I care for.

I am looking forward to continue discussing and learning about pens with you all.

Regards,
Vincenzo

Tony Rex
December 29th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Re - :welcome: !

Ps. Don't worry about it, just move on.

cwent2
December 29th, 2013, 07:52 PM
+1 what tony Rex states!!

re-:welcome:

Bogon07
December 29th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Hi Penne Stilografiche aka collectiblepens.com aka Vincenzo and re-welcome to the forum.

kaisnowbird
December 30th, 2013, 04:04 AM
+1. It's good to have you here.

piscov
December 30th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Welcome Vicenzo!! Glad to have you with us!!

Best regards

Vasco

dduran
December 30th, 2013, 05:22 AM
What do you mean, I think collectiblepens.webs.com is still available (not really a domain per se since the webs.com is the top-level).
Or are you talking about "collectiblepens.com" which was already taken way back in 2005 (got it from a WHOIS lookup)?

I do remember you from the FPN/eBay though :)

85AKbN
December 30th, 2013, 07:45 AM
:welcome: back. I like the new name better.

caribbean_skye
December 30th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Re-Welcome, welcome!

KrazyIvan
December 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Hello. I had the same issue when trying to buy a domain. They want $7500 for it. I understand and do sympathize.

Penne Stilografiche
December 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
What do you mean, I think collectiblepens.webs.com is still available (not really a domain per se since the webs.com is the top-level).
Or are you talking about "collectiblepens.com" which was already taken way back in 2005 (got it from a WHOIS lookup)?

I do remember you from the FPN/eBay though :)

When I had collectiblepens.webs.com, webs.com said I could make it into colectiblepens.com for $7.50 a month. I wanted to make the website into a fountain pen database of sorts, although I didn't know where to start and I thought it'd be foolish to waste the money on a website that I didn't even know what to do with. When I finally decided to upgrade the website, I got a message stating that the domain name could no longer be purchased.

I wish webs.com stated right off the bat the collectiblepens.com was already taken when I signed up as they made it seem as if it was still available. They even sent me email advertisements that stated "make collectiblepens.webs.com to collectiblepens.com for only $(some dollar amount). I had no idea until now that that website had already been taken in 2005.

Anyway, thank you all for warm re-welcomes! :)

-Vincenzo

dduran
December 30th, 2013, 02:06 PM
You can use www.domaintools.com/[domain name] to look things up. Ex. www.domaintools.com/collectiblepens.com
If a domain is available you could get it for as low as $8-9 per year :)

slow35th
December 30th, 2013, 03:01 PM
How did you change your username? I have been waiting over a week to have a mod respond to my request to do the same.

Penne Stilografiche
December 30th, 2013, 03:13 PM
see post below.

Penne Stilografiche
December 30th, 2013, 03:16 PM
How did you change your username? I have been waiting over a week to have a mod respond to my request to do the same.

I just messaged Dan, he changed my username about 1 hour after my request was sent.

VertOlive
December 30th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Welcome to a seasoned user, glad there's even more smart pen people here now you've come!

Jeph
January 1st, 2014, 01:59 PM
re:welcome:

slow35th
January 1st, 2014, 06:46 PM

I just messaged Dan, he changed my username about 1 hour after my request was sent.

I did the same. I am being ignored.

Jon Szanto
January 3rd, 2014, 12:58 AM
Dear Vincenzo,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

heath
January 5th, 2014, 08:11 AM