PDA

View Full Version : New guy from AZ

Rutha73
December 29th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Recently fountain pens caught my attention, don't really know how, I think someone posted a pic of one on another forum I am on. Anyway, I found a cheap Zebra at Walgreens and that thing lasted about a week. I really enjoy the variety that is out there! I just bought two new pens (don't know how good or bad they are) they are from Cross and the packaging said $45 each, but they were on clearance at Staples and I got them for $15 each. One came with two nibs and two cartridges (the Coventry I think) and the other came with a 6pack of cartridges (the Aventura, maybe?). I haven't had time to write with them much, but they seem smooth and effortless compared to the other pens I use! I hope this hobby doesn't cost me too much money! :D

KrazyIvan
December 29th, 2013, 10:13 PM
:welcome: I was just in Mesa last month. It was for work but I got to visit Karas Kustoms and meet Dan Bishop. He introduced me to Mike Dudek of clickypost.com.

Rutha73
December 29th, 2013, 10:19 PM
I don't know Kara's Kustoms, I will have to look them up! Thanks!

KrazyIvan
December 29th, 2013, 10:31 PM
They are a machine shop outfit that got into making pens. They are releasing their first fountain pen via kickstarter. The offering is going to close in a couple of weeks I think.

cwent2
December 29th, 2013, 10:52 PM
:welcome:to the obsessio.... er Hobby and the forum!

Tony Rex
December 30th, 2013, 02:35 AM
:welcome:to the obsessio.... er Hobby and the forum!

Lol. :welcome: https://chatterleyluxuries.com/ is in AZ too if I'm not mistaken..

85AKbN
December 30th, 2013, 07:47 AM
:welcome:

caribbean_skye
December 30th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Welcome, welcome.

VertOlive
December 30th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Welcome, Rutha...

"I hope this hobby doesn't cost me too much money!" no guarantees there, my friend!

Rutha73
December 30th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the welcomes! I am already trying to figure out how to introduce my wife to the hobby, she is a teacher so she writes a fair bit. I am thinking a pink Lamy Safari that I saw, just need to figure out what kind of ink and stuff she would like.

Jeph
January 1st, 2014, 01:55 PM

hamag
January 2nd, 2014, 07:20 PM

Jon Szanto
January 3rd, 2014, 12:33 AM
Dear Rutha73,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

heath
January 5th, 2014, 12:26 PM