PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had inks held for examination in the post?

Llewellyn
December 30th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I ordered a couple of bottles of ink and some notebooks from Cult Pens back in early December, and they were sent as two packages. The notebooks arrived about a week before Xmas but according to Royal Mail tracking the package containing the ink "has been identified as containing items suspected of being prohibited or dangerous.The contents are being examined" (their words), presumably because it's a liquid in a bottle and it seems to be held up somewhere. I can't tell whether it's held at the UK end or here in Australia.

Has anyone else had a package with ink held up for this, and how long was it before they were delivered? The Royal Mail website goes on to say they can be disposed of.

OldGreyGuy
December 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I had a parcel of a couple of MB inks held up coming from Germany to Australia early this year. They were sent using the German post office and after 4 weeks we were chasing them up with the vendor. One week later they arrived with a note from UK Royal Mail saying that they had been opened, inspected and passed. The original package was put in a new package by Royal Mail.

We had not expected that they would have passed through the UK but it seems that they had. It definitely added several weeks to the delivery as a second parcel which was part of the original order and had been delayed due to an item being out of stock was delivered two days before the original parcel arrived.

Ah the joys of living in Australia.