PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan Edelstein Amber

bananamoon
December 31st, 2013, 12:13 AM
This is a beautiful ink. So much character to it.

Rhodia head-stapled notepad and TWSBI Diamond 580 F.

velo
December 31st, 2013, 03:12 AM
I like Amber. I went with Sailor Arima Amber recently but will probably try this one out as well.

Cake
December 31st, 2013, 09:36 AM
Wow, this is really lovely. I never considered this ink before this review. Thank you.

KrazyIvan
December 31st, 2013, 11:02 AM
This one is really calling to me.

tandaina
December 31st, 2013, 11:10 AM
I just bought a bottle of this and adore it. The color is like honey, like really good amber. It is warm and soft and just delightful. Full of shading, and incredibly well behaved even on my less than stellar paper. I adore it.

Waski_the_Squirrel
December 31st, 2013, 11:50 AM
I like this ink. It has some shading and looks good on the better papers. Oddly, on cheaper paper, it shows a blue/green element that I don't like as well.

AndyT
December 31st, 2013, 04:09 PM
One of my correspondents used this recently, and it played havoc with my intention to steer clear of ink buying for a while. Super colour.

cwent2
December 31st, 2013, 04:22 PM
One of my correspondents used this recently, and it played havoc with my intention to steer clear of ink buying for a while. Super colour.

"it played havoc" -- But the question is did it win?

Cw

AndyT
December 31st, 2013, 04:33 PM
Well, I chose my words carefully. :)

Not yet, but I'm just waiting for the shops to open again really.

pengeezer
January 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Maybe it's the monitor on my laptop,but the yellow hue I would normally
see in amber is missing in the photo. Makes it look like a very dull brown.

John

ethernautrix
January 12th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I like the drawing, the shading in it - very cool!

A friend brought this (and many other inks) to Pen Posse Wroclaw a couple of weeks ago, so I was able to try the Amber. I used a dip pen in a vintage notebook he gave me, and wow, that was fun! The ink was very nice. I compared it to the more readily available Pelikan Brown, which (with a dip pen) is much darker, and the Montblanc Carlo Collodi, and I'd say Amber is similar to the MbCC (which I have).

My first impression of the Amber, though, was WANT.

DrChumley
January 12th, 2014, 08:27 PM
This one is a stunner. It's on my list for one of the first purchases after my self-imposed buying hiatus ends (probably sometime around July...assuming, of course, that I can hold out that long. Which, of course, I can't.)