PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Nova Scotia,Canada

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 11th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Just joined the site recently and thought I would make a post and say,"Hello".

KrazyIvan
April 11th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the board!

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 11th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Thank-you for the welcome,KrazyIvan.

Freddy
April 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Welcome. :)

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Hello Freddy and thank-you for the welcome.

gwgtaylor
April 12th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Hello there to a fellow Canadian! Looking forward to your input on the forums.

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hello gwtaylor,thank-you for the welcome.

What part of the Dominion are you from?

gwgtaylor
April 12th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Toronto for me. I grew up in thunder bay but prefer life in the big city. More pen stores. ;)

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM
My brother lived in Thunder Bay for awhlie back in the 80s or 90s.

i suppose being from TO you are a Leafs fan?

gwgtaylor
April 14th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Nope. I'm a team Canada fan. Hopefully our ladies will bring us gold tonight. I totally prefer the IIHF to NHL.

fountainpenkid
April 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Welcome!!!
Nova Scotia!!! My family (extended family, really, as the house houses 40 people) has a summerhouse in Lower Argyle, (it was built around the turn of the century), and it is one of my favorite places in the world to be! Are there any good pen shops in Halifax?

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Thank-you for the welcome,fountainpenkid.

Lower Argyle is located the next county over from me.There is a restaurant there that is only open in the summer where my wife and I have have gone to eat from time to time.

Duly Noted is the only pen store that I know of in Halifax.They have a good selection of ink and a decent selection of pens.

fountainpenkid
April 16th, 2012, 03:47 PM
How cool!

We are always to busy spending time with 5th cousins (or even farther apart) or out on the water to go to halifax....maybe this year though! Whats the name of the restaurant?

Will

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 17th, 2012, 09:31 AM
The name of the restaurant is the Ye Olde Argyler Inn .

fountainpenkid
April 17th, 2012, 10:05 AM
OMG!!! WE drive past there all the time! Have you ever heard of the Ardamurchan Club?

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 17th, 2012, 03:27 PM
No cannot say I have ever heard of the Ardamurchan Club.

fountainpenkid
April 17th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Well, I am not too surprised...its just been around for so long that some locals know about it!

Will

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 18th, 2012, 04:16 AM
What is the Ardamurchan Club?

fountainpenkid
April 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
It's my family's summerhouse in Central Argyle. http://www.ardnamurchan.org/ (Not that you could log in, but there is a picture! The other side faces a nice green hill, and then the waterside. Generally, about 40 of our extended (or close) family is there.....

Will

fountainpenkid
April 18th, 2012, 07:04 AM
And here's the club car!http://www.yarmouth.org/villages/argyle/history/woody/index.htm We don't really drive it that much, as it is a bit rickitey, but there is a place called Creamy Treat just down the road....

Wil

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 19th, 2012, 04:15 AM
It's my family's summerhouse in Central Argyle. http://www.ardnamurchan.org/ (Not that you could log in, but there is a picture! The other side faces a nice green hill, and then the waterside. Generally, about 40 of our extended (or close) family is there.....

Will

Wow,thats not a summerhouse, its a mansion.:)Very impressive.Thanks for the link about the Club and the link about the old Woody.I remember as a boy, a friend of mine's Father had a Woody.Seems to me his was green.

How long do you stay when you visit Nova Scotia in the summer?

fountainpenkid
April 19th, 2012, 09:08 AM
We don't go every year, as it is expensive..... :( but we ussually stay for 1-2 weeks....some really devoted cousins will stay the whole summer!

The woody used to be green, before it was restored in the early 2000's....maybe your father's friend was one of my relatives!

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 20th, 2012, 06:14 AM
No I do not think so.The friend of mine's Father who had the Woody did not live in that area.Well I hope you enjoy your stay when you arrive in Nova Scotia again this summer.