PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo...

caribbean_skye
December 31st, 2013, 05:54 AM
Is anyone else having problems accessing anything on Yahoo? Yesterday morning there was no issue accessing mail, however last night it couldn't be accessed and the same again this morning.

85AKbN
December 31st, 2013, 07:38 AM
no problems atm, but there have been on and off problems lately, last few months, ever since i was forced to upgrade to the new mail. problems don't last long though - they fix them fairly quick.

caribbean_skye
January 1st, 2014, 03:39 PM
It seems that the issue may be local to my location. The routing tables are all farqued up. Thankfully I'm savvy enough to get around them but it's such a major pain. Now to see if the local ISP will do something about it.

KrazyIvan
January 1st, 2014, 03:51 PM
I've had troubles off and on since they introduced ads inline with emails in the Android app. I switched to the Android email app and use pop to get my email now. No ads to view that way. Issue is that maybe once a week I cannot get my email. The app comes back saying that I entered the wrong password. I wait a while then I can get in.

caribbean_skye
January 2nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
Hmm, i'm not even getting that far. It doesn't even get to yahoo, stalls out

Bogon07
January 2nd, 2014, 03:49 PM
Had problems accessing the mail details on iPad last week; I could see them listed but couldn't open any to read them.
No problems when using a PC though.

inkstainedruth
January 2nd, 2014, 05:54 PM
I haven't had trouble (other than it tends to be sluggish with an older laptop running an older version of Firefox, which can't be updated on the machine) -- but a friend of mine posted to a Yahoo group we're both on that she was switching over to a gmail account because she'd been having some sort of (unspecified) issues with Yahoo.
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Sailor Kenshin
January 2nd, 2014, 06:18 PM
It seems that the issue may be local to my location. The routing tables are all farqued up. Thankfully I'm savvy enough to get around them but it's such a major pain. Now to see if the local ISP will do something about it.

No problems here at the moment, Did you check Downrightnow?

caribbean_skye
January 3rd, 2014, 05:10 PM
i checked another and it said yahoo was up.

able to login sporadically, today it looks like yahoo has copied google mail layout. they just changed that the other day.

Sailor Kenshin
January 3rd, 2014, 05:58 PM
It started some time back. Blargh. And I hate the new layout.

85AKbN
January 3rd, 2014, 07:51 PM
to get attachements to attach, and recepients to receive, i have to switch from my normal ie10 to gc Version 31.0.1650.63 m.

85AKbN
January 4th, 2014, 06:17 PM
i did find a move to folder shortcut by accident yesterday that's cool. click the box next to a random inbox mail and hit move. if you have lots of folders (i have dozens), you'll see the first 9 have shortcuts assigned. D1 through D9. i name my most used, important folders so they are at the top anyway (0___aafolder name, 0___folder name#2, etc.).

anyway, the short cut is click box, type D1 and off it goes into your first folder. neat.

Cookies
January 5th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I just came across this article (http://gizmodo.com/if-you-used-yahoo-this-week-you-might-have-malware-1494764215/@whitsongordon) and thought I would share it with the thread. Perhaps that's what the issue was.

KrazyIvan
January 6th, 2014, 11:42 AM
I just read it and it would explain a lot. Highly advisable to do some thorough scanning.