PDA

View Full Version : Rotring 600 fountain pen advice

dajhek
April 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I'm just trying to get some feedback on a question that I've had. I purchased a Rotring 600 fountain pen with an XF nib a couple of years ago. I had always liked the look of them, but soon became discouraged with the purchase. The nib is too small for my taste, and I don't like writing with it at all.

So here's where I need help:

I really would like to get a TWSBI 540 and one of their ink bottles. After surfing through various sites, I could probably sell the Rotring for enough to cover the cost of both of these. Should I consider selling the Rotring 600 (that I don't use) in order to purchase the TWSBI? Or do I hold on to the Rotring that isn't being made anymore as a collector?

Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jor412
April 20th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I'm not a collector. I like having a variety of pens that I can use but I don't want to own a lot of pens. I think I do have more than I should and I'm able to cope with that guilty pleasure only because I know collectors have pens in the hundreds. :) If it were me, I'd sell the Rotring and get something I really want. I do get attached to some pens because they're collectible like your Rotring 600, so I wait until I'm ready to part with them. Then off they go, helping me fund other pens.

KrazyIvan
April 20th, 2012, 07:56 PM
It is really your choice. I don't get pens thinking I am going to save them to make money off them. I want to use them. This is just what I would do. I would get the TWSBI and compare it to the 600. Make your decision about whether to keep one or the other or both after comparing with both in hand. Who knows, you may find you like them both after all. If not, sell what you don't want and let someone else enjoy the pen.

Tracy Lee
April 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM
That seems like great advice.