PDA

View Full Version : For Sale my personal KAIGELU 357 brilliant red fountain pen

Saintpaulia
January 1st, 2014, 05:08 PM
As we near the end of the Chinese 'Year of the Snake' and prepare for the New 'Year of the Horse', I feel it is an appropriate time for me to offer to you, my fellow, multi-cultural, Citizens-of-the-World geeks, five Chinese-made pens that I have had for a few years now, and which I find I am not using enough to warrant their continued inclusion in my working collection.

I will list these five Chinese-made pens separately here on this forum, and I begin with one of the true gems of my collection, my elegant Chinatown red and gold Kaigelu 357. This particular 357 is rather special actually, having been one of two similar red Chinese pens that were featured in an 'SBRE Brown Shoot-out'! [http://youtu.be/Shi-bX4eJH4] Yes, it is true, this pen was once in the famous hands of Stephen Brown himself!! And you can't say finer than that.

This brilliantly red fountain pen is made entirely of brass with a smooth, supple, enamel overlay. As such it is quite substantial in the hand, weighing a respectable 31 grams! When you hold this pen you know you've got a real pen in your hand, not some plastic wannabe. Here are some other specifications: length capped = 135 mm., and when posted = 153 mm. At the golden grip section the pen measures 9.5 mm. in diameter.

Highlighting the red enamel finish are stylish, intriguing, and yes even luxurious golden accents (please see photos) in the end pieces, iconic kangaroo clip, and broad gold band on the barrel. And you are assured that you have a genuine Kaigelu 357 because it is written in flowing characters right there on the band.

I purchased this pen in August 2012 so it has been thoroughly tested and "broken-in". You will not have any unwelcome surprises. The large #4 bicolored, etched nib renders a smooth, even, reliable medium line with plenty of good ink flow - no skipping or other nonsense with this nib! It comes with a genuine, proprietary Kaigelu cartridge converter which has been thoughtfully provided with a small metal ball to break up any tension in the ink chamber. This ensures that the pen writes on and on with no build up of vacuum, unlike some of the cheaper Chinese pens.

This fountain pen is in perfect condition with no scratches, dings or discoloration of any kind. It sits there proudly on my desk top as I write this, waiting for you to claim it! And, because of the positive trade balance between the two nations, you can have this extraordinary Chinese-made pen for only $19.95 post paid to your door (applies to U.S. customers). For international customers please email me for a specific quote based upon your location).

No question is too small or too large. Do not hesitate to ask for any additional facts or unbiased opinions regarding this one-of-a-kind, 'as seen on YouTube' fountain pen.