PDA

View Full Version : For Sale my personal snow white Duke 1853 fountain pen

Saintpaulia
January 1st, 2014, 05:39 PM
As we near the end of the Chinese 'Year of the Snake' and prepare for the New 'Year of the Horse', I feel it is an appropriate time for me to offer to you, my fellow, multi-cultural, Citizens-of-the-World geeks, five Chinese-made pens that I have had for a few years now, and which I find I am not using enough to warrant their continued inclusion in my working collection.

I will list these five Chinese-made pens separately here on this forum, and the second pen to be offered is my own Duke 1853. It is justly famous and even renowned, because this is the exact same snow-white Duke which was reviewed by the equally renowned SBRE Brown in his September 14, 2012 YouTube video entitled, “The Duke 1853 Review” [please see http://youtu.be/U0eTRg8Grhc to view the program]. Yes, this pen has actually been held in those famous Dutch hands! His unique spiritual vibrations still can be felt when holding this one-of-a-kind treasure.

The pen is a hefty, substantial, all-brass writing instrument with a beautiful pure white, scratch and fingerprint resistant enamel overlay. The grip section is of a black, synthetic resin material with a clever, longitudinally fluted or grooved texture, which gives you, the writer, a sure hold -- no more slipping!

The medium sized nib is of stainless steel with 22 kt gold coating and is elegantly etched with tasteful devices of artistic perfection. It writes wet due to the nib tweaking performed by the aforementioned SBRE Brown. Sold with this pen, at no extra charge, is a genuine, authentic Duke cartridge converter.

On the cap is written in copperplate, silver lettering “Duke 1853”, thus assuring you that what you have purchased is the Real McCoy! This cap slips on and off for easy use -- and when it is capped in place it makes a satisfying click, indicating complete and fool-proof attachment. Please see accompanying images for even more information and outstanding details!

Now since this is a completely unique pen, which will be offered for sale once only to you, the discerning geek, the pricing of such a precious item is difficult. After much contemplation, yogic meditation and soul-searching, I have decided to release this gem of a pen for the amazingly generous and benevolent sum of $19.95! That’s right. You read that correctly, only $19.95, but wait! to make this offer even more noble and obliging, this pen will come to you postage paid! Yes!! (Nota bene: it refers to U.S. customers only; for foreign customers please contact me for a revised price).

The pen will be sold only here on the world-famous Fountain Pen Geeks for sale forum, ensuring that only the most discriminating fountain pen collectors will see it. Nonetheless, I expect competition for this genuine heirloom to be fierce! Hence, to avoid disappointment, I strongly advise you to act now!! Contact me directly via FP Geeks private message system. The first person to make a bona-fide intent to buy gets the pen. This could be you! Thanks for looking and good luck!!!