PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the US East Coast

MechanicalAnalogy
January 1st, 2014, 06:10 PM
Hi. I've been interested in pens and notebooks for years, but never took the plunge into fountain pens. That changed a few months ago when I bought a Lamy Safari. I got the extra fine point, which may be too slow in flow, but it is fun to write with.

I am just about to order a few more that are at the same price point:

Jinhao 159 Broad
Nemosine Singularity Fine
Pilot Metropolitan Fine

I think these will hold me for quite a while and will give me a good feel for what's available at the price point I'm comfortable with.

I'm looking forward to reading lots of information about the love and care of pens (and paper).

Cheers!

cwent2
January 1st, 2014, 06:20 PM
:welcome:Welcome to the Obsessio..... er Hobby from a Rhode Islander. Also welcome to the forum and indulge in the madness.

85AKbN
January 1st, 2014, 06:21 PM
:welcome:

MechanicalAnalogy
January 2nd, 2014, 04:37 AM
Thank you, both; and yes, I'm well aware of how just about any hobby can become an obsession. I already have several such hobbies, but, hey...what's one more? ;)

Jeph
January 2nd, 2014, 05:15 AM

Adhizen
January 2nd, 2014, 09:37 AM
:welcome: its a slippery slope but you're in good company.

VertOlive
January 2nd, 2014, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year!

caribbean_skye
January 2nd, 2014, 02:39 PM
Welcome, welcome

sixmr
January 2nd, 2014, 05:51 PM
Welcome and I encourage you to look into ink samples from the several online retailers that offer them. It's a great way to put those pens to the test without dumping a lot of money into ink bottles. Happy indulgence.

Sailor Kenshin
January 2nd, 2014, 06:19 PM
Hi. I've been interested in pens and notebooks for years, but never took the plunge into fountain pens. That changed a few months ago when I bought a Lamy Safari. I got the extra fine point, which may be too slow in flow, but it is fun to write with.

I am just about to order a few more that are at the same price point:

Jinhao 159 Broad
Nemosine Singularity Fine
Pilot Metropolitan Fine

I think these will hold me for quite a while and will give me a good feel for what's available at the price point I'm comfortable with.

I'm looking forward to reading lots of information about the love and care of pens (and paper).

Cheers!

We have some of the same pens! Welcome aboard.

blopplop
January 2nd, 2014, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your pens, and have fun! :)

Dave

hamag
January 2nd, 2014, 07:08 PM

Jon Szanto
January 3rd, 2014, 12:37 AM
Dear Mech,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

MechanicalAnalogy
January 3rd, 2014, 06:06 AM
*gush*
Thank you, everyone :)

@sixmr: I will definitely look into the ink samples. I had no idea some companies do that. Thanks for the tip

@Jon Szanto: Thanks for the info about the forum. I had lurked for a bit before registering and this looks to be the right size for me. My experience with other large forums sites is they are just too overwhelming.

Cheers

KrazyIvan
January 3rd, 2014, 11:16 AM
Hello and :welcome: to the Dark Side. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

heath
January 5th, 2014, 12:55 PM