PDA

View Full Version : For Sale my personal champagne gold Kaigelu 363 fountain pen

Saintpaulia
January 1st, 2014, 06:57 PM
As we near the end of the Chinese 'Year of the Snake' and prepare for the New 'Year of the Horse', I feel it is an appropriate time for me to offer to you, my fellow, multi-cultural, Citizens-of-the-World geeks, five Chinese-made pens that I have had for a few years now, and which I find I am not using enough to warrant their continued inclusion in my working collection.

I will list these five Chinese-made pens separately here on this forum, and the fourth pen to be offered is my personal champagne gold Kaigelu 363. This is my second Kaigelu pen and in its own, smaller way just as satisfying as was my other model, the 357 (see this pen also for sale on this forum).

Made of solid brass, do not be fooled by its elegant looks, it is just as rugged and strong as its larger brothers. And yet for those with a preference for a daintier, smaller and stylish fountain pen, this may be just the thing for you! It is especially preferred by those with smaller hands.

This pen measures 133 mm. capped and 149 mm. posted. It weighs in at 20.62 grams. The plastic grip is 8.25-8.50 mm. in diameter -- just right for those with smaller fingers. Likewise in keeping with its smaller size, the gold-colored nib is a #2 and writes a fine line.

The cartridge converter (which comes with the pen at no additional charge) is of the piston-twist type and features a small metal ball for breaking surface tension in the ink chamber, thus ensuring free flowing writing with none of those annoying stops when the pen seems out of ink and yet a look at the cartridge shows plenty of ink! Arrgghh!

What truly makes this Chinese-made pen shine above some of its duller comrades is the beautiful finish on the cap and barrel. It has a matte look to it and the color is hard to describe. Some say it is champagne gold and others a rosy gold. Either way it is an elegant pen by any standards, and will fit right in with the other writing instruments of the most discerning and particular scribe.

Now I know what you are thinking..."this pen must be far too expensive for me. I'd like to have such elegance and quality but I know I cannot afford it". Well, don't be too quick in your conclusion! Due to certain good fortunes in 2013 I am able to offer this pen to you at the very reasonable price of only $9.95! but wait, that's not all, that price includes postage. Yes! postage is paid!! This offer is good only for U.S. customers. (For others please contact me for an alternate price).

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year, whether that be Western or the coming Chinese one to you!!!