PDA

View Full Version : InCoWriMo 2014 ???

VertOlive
January 1st, 2014, 08:38 PM
There may be something I missed, but will there be an InCoWriMo in this new year of 2014?

ypsilanti
January 1st, 2014, 09:05 PM
Count me in.

Bogon07
January 1st, 2014, 09:21 PM
Dan are you going fire the starting gun this year if Eriquito isn't available to do the honours ?

VertOlive
January 1st, 2014, 09:43 PM
That sounds like a "yes", yes? Starts in February, yes?

magnesium68
January 2nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
Looking forward also to the INCOWRIMO 2014 :)

vedearduff
January 2nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
This sounds like it will be a great deal of fun, count me in.

Tracy Lee
January 2nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
Yes, yes, and yes for me!! :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

tiffanyhenschel
January 2nd, 2014, 06:18 PM
Definitely!

Bogon07
January 2nd, 2014, 08:24 PM
Penguin thought "will this never end" & Inkyrimoo thought "moooooooooo"

tannie
January 3rd, 2014, 05:52 AM
Well, ok then! ;)

dannzeman
January 3rd, 2014, 08:37 AM
Dan are you going fire the starting gun this year if Eriquito isn't available to do the honours ?

I'm not going to promise anything but I'll try to get something worked out.

KrazyIvan
January 3rd, 2014, 10:20 AM
I will participate on a limited basis. What that means is anybody's guess. :D

writingrav
January 3rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
I'm still writing so many people regularly from last year's Incowrimo that I'm not sure how many new folks I can fit in, but I'll try my best.

VertOlive
January 3rd, 2014, 11:30 AM
I'm thinking it might help us newbies; people who do the InCoWriMo might be more likely to become regular correspondents. I've sent quite a few to people on the address list who never replied and might no longer be interested. This might bring the more willing writers out of the woodpile.

vedearduff
January 3rd, 2014, 12:24 PM
I'm looking forward to this, it will give me a chance to give that Snorkel (on its' way from an eBay auction) a work out.

VO is correct, this will likely involve some of the newer members as well as many of the old hands.

everybodylovesbacon
January 3rd, 2014, 12:29 PM
I'm definitely in.

Tracy Lee
January 3rd, 2014, 01:44 PM
I am excited for new pen pals because I absolutely love the friendships I have cultivated and maintained through 2013. So rewarding on so many levels!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

TheRoXFiles
January 4th, 2014, 11:52 AM
I plan on giving this the old college try--although as my pen pals here know, it's taken me months to be able to write back. I've got a hectic work schedule and personal projects. But for next month, yes--I do intend to try my darnedest to write at least once per day. :)

fountainpenkid
January 4th, 2014, 01:25 PM
It was a stupid idea and should never have happened in the first place. ;) ;)

I can't wait!!!!

alc3261
January 4th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I will join in too.

AndyT
January 4th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Count me in. :)

ExcaliburZ
January 5th, 2014, 12:12 AM
I am interested.

ndw76
January 5th, 2014, 01:51 AM
So how does it work? One letter a day out 28 letters in the month? Either way I'll give it my best.

flaviocu
January 5th, 2014, 02:19 AM
I'm in too, sharpen the nibs :)

jbb
January 5th, 2014, 07:30 AM
InCoWriMo = February.... a letter a day for a month..... right? If I post here I'll keep getting board reminders... that will help

VertOlive
January 5th, 2014, 07:34 AM
A letter to someone with whom you already correspond counts, correct?

Also, the US post tells me there will be an international rate hike sometime in the next two months or so. The global "forever" stamps will still suffice, but you may have to use extra if you mix your stamps for a decorative effect! Right now it's $1.10...fyi for newbies like me.

vedearduff
January 5th, 2014, 07:47 AM
VO, thanks for the information regarding international postage. I was unaware that there was global "forever" stamp. If I'm not snowed in, I'll stop by the post office tomorrow to get a supply.

Rather than post my address on the internet, I would prefer to provide it to any that request it via PM.

Nigel
January 5th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Count me in!

scrivelry
January 6th, 2014, 02:15 AM
How does this work?

Too much writing in a short month ... yes, that's me...

ETA: I also do not post my address online, but will provide it to anyone who cares to pm me for this.

T

MechanicalAnalogy
January 6th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Thank you VertOlive for starting this thread. I was beginning to wonder after reading all of this thread:

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1824-InCo-Pen-Pals?highlight=penpal

Instead of soliciting new pals, I will write to a few people. My schedule will not allow me to write a letter a day, but, at least will get me started.

Cheers!

vedearduff
January 7th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Flaviocu,

Did you receive my reply to your PM?

VertOlive
January 8th, 2014, 10:12 AM
So is this now the official 2014 thread? If so, I'm in as well.

Heath Cates
225 N. Gay St. Ste C
Auburn, AL 36830
USA

Does 'Men Only' still apply for InCoWriMo ?

Toulouse
January 8th, 2014, 04:50 PM
I'm in. Only hope I'm up to it. :)

tiffanyhenschel
January 8th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I think the original intent was to write a note or letter every day. It doesn't necessarily have to go through the mail but can be hand delivered --a note to a friend or family for instance.

I will be participating with my class again, but I'm still working through the logistics of how to do it. Last year was a big success, but there were some snags in the process that I think I can smooth out with some planning.

benjitzu
January 8th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Would love to participate in my first InCoWriMo if newbies are still welcome :)

Please pm me for address. Very excited to write a letter a day!

Bogon07
January 9th, 2014, 03:48 AM

Newbies & anyone else are always welcome all year around.

writingrav
January 9th, 2014, 04:42 AM

If you don't want to put your address out on the forum just grab one that is out and start the correspondence. I'm certain you'll get a reply.

ndw76
January 9th, 2014, 07:06 AM
You don't have to wait until February to write. Got a day off next Thursday. I'm going to write to some pen pals I haven't heard from in a while.

ypsilanti
January 9th, 2014, 08:03 AM
If you don't want to put your address out on the forum just grab one that is out and start the correspondence. I'm certain you'll get a reply.

When I found the InCoPenPals thread in March, I sent out three dozen letters of introduction and have been up to my neck in correspondence ever since. It's been wonderful.

Bogon07
January 9th, 2014, 02:57 PM
So is this now the official 2014 thread? If so, I'm in as well.

Heath Cates
225 N. Gay St. Ste C
Auburn, AL 36830
USA

Does 'Men Only' still apply for InCoWriMo ?

I guess not but assume my wife will read any I get from other women first. She doesn't ask to but I get her to just for the sake of trust.

If that is the case shouldn't she be vetting all the letters you receive ?
Does she redact out parts of letters with a thick black pen too ?

Mrs Bogon sometimes has a bit of a peek at ones with interesting inks, handwriting or other additions.

ndw76
January 9th, 2014, 03:31 PM
My wife thinks nothing could be more boring and would have to be forced to read my letters. Trust is wonderful.

Tracy Lee
January 9th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I share many of the letters with my husband because all of you are so very interesting! He has developed his own interaction with a few through the letters and other communications as I write the letters back and forth. Otherwise, he glazes over about pens, inks, and paper and envelopes and cares not in the least who I am writing to and about what. I've made such good friends, men and women alike. It has been a real treat.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

VertOlive
January 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM
My husband likes to hear what country a letter might have come from, or some fascinating detail about the writer, but that's it.

Mycroft The English Bulldog is more interested in the mail I receive because he always suspects there is a cat involved somehow...

cwent2
January 9th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I share many of the letters with my husband because all of you are so very interesting! He has developed his own interaction with a few through the letters and other communications as I write the letters back and forth. Otherwise, he glazes over about pens, inks, and paper and envelopes and cares not in the least who I am writing to and about what. I've made such good friends, men and women alike. It has been a real treat.

Oh, Great, now your husband is Laughing at me..... Great, Just Great. :jester:

cwent2
January 9th, 2014, 06:39 PM
My husband is interested to hear what country a letter might have come from, or some interesting detail about the writer, but that's it. Mycroft The English Bulldog is more interested in the mail I receive because he always suspects there is a cat involved somehow...

And you know what the bulldog is thinking? How? er.... maybe you shouldn't answer that question on the grounds that it may.....

Tracy Lee
January 9th, 2014, 08:26 PM

Well, yes, we have shared some belly laughs over your letters, you are a funny guy!!! But never at you, always with you!! :)

VertOlive
January 9th, 2014, 08:37 PM
My husband is interested to hear what country a letter might have come from, or some interesting detail about the writer, but that's it. Mycroft The English Bulldog is more interested in the mail I receive because he always suspects there is a cat involved somehow...

And you know what the bulldog is thinking? How? er.... maybe you shouldn't answer that question on the grounds that it may.....

:pound:

cwent2
January 9th, 2014, 08:44 PM

Well, yes, we have shared some belly laughs over your letters, you are a funny guy!!! But never at you, always with you!! :)

Ok, fine, laugh already - I will just have to accept that you think I am funny? and bow :jester:.... Hey you never commented how you translate legalese into something for the laymen, just thanked me.

MechanicalAnalogy
January 10th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Mycroft The English Bulldog is more interested in the mail I receive because he always suspects there is a cat involved somehow...

:offtopic:

lol! I love your dog's name. I hear there is a new episode in the UK.

AndyT
January 10th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I think it's a splendid name too.

Three new episodes in the mini-series, the last of which will be broadcast Sunday. It's a reworking of "Charles Augustus Milverton" apparently, guest starring Lars Mikkelsen. :)

dannzeman
January 10th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Official participation thread for 2014 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5447-Official-2014-InCoWriMo-Participation-Thread) has been started. Please leave addresses in that thread and use this one for general discussion. Thanks.

VertOlive
January 10th, 2014, 05:12 PM
I think it's a splendid name too.

Three new episodes in the mini-series, the last of which will be broadcast Sunday. It's a reworking of "Charles Augustus Milverton" apparently, guest starring Lars Mikkelsen. :)

I.Can't. Stand. It.

We can't even pre-order the series yet here!

And yes, it is Mark Gatiss' version for whom our puppy is named. Thanks again, UK!

ndw76
January 10th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Official participation thread for 2014 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5446-Official-InCoWriMo-2014-Participation-Thread) has been started. Please leave addresses in that thread and use this one for general discussion. Thanks.

That link isn't working for me.

MechanicalAnalogy
January 11th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Official participation thread for 2014 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5446-Official-InCoWriMo-2014-Participation-Thread) has been started. Please leave addresses in that thread and use this one for general discussion. Thanks.

That link isn't working for me.

Let's try this one:

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5447-Official-2014-InCoWriMo-Participation-Thread

It's also stickied in the "InCoWroMo" Forum Topic...pretty easy to find.

@dannzeman: Thanks for starting this thread. And I see what you did there...copied over addresses already listed in this thread. Pretty clever! ;)

jfsisler
January 12th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Otherwise, he glazes over about pens, inks, and paper and envelopes ...

This is so Bill! We were signing our lease for this year the other day and I handed him a Pilot Varsity (yeah I know, lowbrow to say the least)...he looked at it, handed it back to me and said "you better hand me a ballpoint."

Such a sad statement, wouldn't you say?

Tracy Lee
January 12th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Otherwise, he glazes over about pens, inks, and paper and envelopes ...

This is so Bill! We were signing our lease for this year the other day and I handed him a Pilot Varsity (yeah I know, lowbrow to say the least)...he looked at it, handed it back to me and said "you better hand me a ballpoint."

Such a sad statement, wouldn't you say?

I think my husband did our house closing with a G2, and K used one of my Visconti. He has tried fountain pens, but he really prefers a good old Ticonderoga at the end of the day. He could write a whole novel on a post-it note.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

VertOlive
January 12th, 2014, 09:32 PM
So...AndyT is probably watching Sherlock tonight.

Sigh.

AndyT
January 13th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Haha! - no actually. Probably this evening thanks to iPlayer. Last night I caught up with "The Bridge".

eriquito
January 13th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Hello Everyone! =)

Nice to see so many InCo's from 2013 and quite a few first timers for 2014!

I've been revamping the InCoWriMo website. I'm not sure if I should announce in this forum every time I publish a new post at the InCoWriMo site (since I'm tweeting the new posts), but for now, just in case anyone has missed them, here are the most recent happenings at InCoWriMo's webiste:

The InCoWriMo 2014 Planning Calendar (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/incowrimo-2014-planning-calendar/)

These 28 People Would Love to Receive your InCoWriMo Correspondence (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/these-28-people-would-love-to-receive-your-incowrimo-correspondence/)

Ink A Rhino? (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/ink-a-rhino/)

Mailboxes du Jour - 11 January 2014 (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/mailboxes-du-jour-11-january-2014/)

Hathaway Studios' InCoWriMo Fountain Pen GiveAway (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/hathaway-studios-incowrimo-fountain-pen-giveaway/)

That's it for the time being. I'll check in here on the forum at least once per day and of course, you can always reach me at eric at incowrimo.org.

It's so nice to be doing this again! =)

Eric
...from Puerto Vallarta

KrazyIvan
January 13th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Good to see you post here Eric!

eriquito
January 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM

Good to be seen posting here. Good to be seen anywhere for that matter =)

KrazyIvan
January 13th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I just read your "Mailboxes du Jour" post. Sneaky! Will you be participating in IncoWriMo too?

eriquito
January 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I just read your "Mailboxes du Jour" post. Sneaky! Will you be participating in IncoWriMo too?

One man's Sneaky is another man's Genius =)

Will I be participating in InCoWriMo?... But of course! You want a postcard? =)

writingrav
January 13th, 2014, 10:59 AM
How nice to" hear" your voice! Expect a letter.

KrazyIvan
January 13th, 2014, 11:13 AM

I am up for it if you are. :)

Bogon07
January 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM
eriquito, damn fine regards.

kaisnowbird
January 13th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Yah~ Eric is back! :dance3::cheers::dance3:

Correos de Mexico spent all that money painting thousands of post boxes to advertise for nothing. It's only courteous that you take the visitors somewhere nice instead. ;)

eriquito
January 14th, 2014, 09:17 AM

writingrav! So nice to "see" you!

I'm going to conceitedly presume that your post was directed at me. I shall expect a letter =)

eriquito
January 14th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I am up for it if you are. :)

You're on! =)

eriquito
January 14th, 2014, 09:19 AM
eriquito, damn fine regards.

Bogon07! Right back atcha! Damn fine and finely damned regards =)

eriquito
January 14th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Correos de Mexico spent all that money painting thousands of post boxes to advertise for nothing. It's only courteous that you take the visitors somewhere nice instead. ;)

Kai! Terrific to see you!!

I couldn't agree more. If the url is out there, it might as well take people to a nice website.

Of course, if Correos de México ever discovers their error and if they contact me, I'll give them the domain. I don't want to hurt a postal service. But in the meantime, it's fun to see an InCoWriMo website address advertised all over the country =)

eriquito
January 14th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Hello All!

Today at the InCoWriMo website, we've got:

Mailboxes du Jour - 14 January 2014 (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/mailboxes-du-jour-14-january-2014/)

I'd love to share a photo of your mailbox. Send me what you've got. I'm at eric at incowrimo.org.

=)

writingrav
January 14th, 2014, 01:21 PM

writingrav! So nice to "see" you!

I'm going to conceitedly presume that your post was directed at me. I shall expect a letter =)

Indeed it was. I have two weeks to get my thoughts properly organized.

Carole
January 14th, 2014, 05:21 PM

Good to be seen posting here. Good to be seen anywhere for that matter =)

Don Eriquito! Is it really you? So that whole Interpol thing has blown over, then? Thank our inky stars for that!

Of course I won't breathe a word about it to anyone. Hope this PM reaches you. All the best!

eriquito
January 14th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Don Eriquito! Is it really you? So that whole Interpol thing has blown over, then? Thank our inky stars for that!

Of course I won't breathe a word about it to anyone. Hope this PM reaches you. All the best!

Indeed, 'tis I.

Thank you for keeping my presence under your lock & key hat wraps =)

Tracy Lee
January 15th, 2014, 04:46 AM
Eric, beyond lovely to see you back in the forum! :-) Can you feel the excitement of InCoWriMo in the air? I for one am very excited and still loving all the ongoing correspondence from last year. You bring amazing people together. Thank you!!!

eriquito
January 15th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Eric, beyond lovely to see you back in the forum! :-) Can you feel the excitement of InCoWriMo in the air? I for one am very excited and still loving all the ongoing correspondence from last year. You bring amazing people together. Thank you!!!

Tracy Lee! Beyond lovely to see you, too!!

Yes indeed, I feel the excitement of InCoWriMo in the air. I assume that you arranged a favor at work to have the excitement spread about the atmosphere?

=)

eriquito
January 15th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Hola Everyone!

If, like me, you're anxious for InCoWriMo to begin, perhaps the waiting can be a bit more fun by watching the days and hours (and minutes and seconds) tick by as we enthusiastically ink our pens...

InCoWriMo 2014 Countdown Timers (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/incowrimo-2014-countdown-timers/)

=)

inlovewithjournals
January 15th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Love the countdown timers! And there's even one for Calgary, Alberta! Thanks eriquito. :)

Mortiana27
January 15th, 2014, 01:05 PM
This will be my first time participating in InCoWriMo, and I'm glad to have found the website last night! A couple weeks ago, I randomly found a site that sells sealing waxes, which also led me to finding sources for fountain pens and inks. The InCoWriMo letters will be my first use of a fountain pen (Lamy Safari) which is oh so exciting! I look forward to seeing the mail for February!

kaisnowbird
January 15th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Hola Everyone!

If, like me, you're anxious for InCoWriMo to begin, perhaps the waiting can be a bit more fun by watching the days and hours (and minutes and seconds) tick by as we enthusiastically ink our pens...

InCoWriMo 2014 Countdown Timers (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/incowrimo-2014-countdown-timers/)

=)

Count down timer tailored to geeks the world over - how thoughtful. I must guiltily admit that knowing Sydney's InCoWriMo starts so much earlier than our Nth/Sth American friends really calmed my nerves. :o

VertOlive
January 15th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Ok, so for the timer....I'm guessing maybe Havana time for Detroit-ish places?

Rhino-Ready!

Tamra Orr
January 15th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Hey there. I just joined this site and can't wait to meet people. I am a long time letter writer and a columnist for The Letter Exchange. I would love to hear from you and plan to participate in Incowrimo for sure. If you'd like to write, I am 54, female, married with four kids, full time writer/author, unschooler, atheist, and interested in the paleo diet, books, and all things paper and pens. My address is:

Tami Orr
18014 SE Kelly St.
Portland OR 97236

Please write~!

eriquito
January 16th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Ok, so for the timer....I'm guessing maybe Havana time for Detroit-ish places?

Rhino-Ready!

Correct you are, VertOlive! =)

eriquito
January 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Count down timer tailored to geeks the world over - how thoughtful. I must guiltily admit that knowing Sydney's InCoWriMo starts so much earlier than our Nth/Sth American friends really calmed my nerves. :o

Worry not about the guilt, Kai. InCoWriMo in Sydney ends long before InCoWriMo in The Americas. It all evens out in the end =)

eriquito
January 16th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Fellow InCo's, we have another installment of Mailboxes du Jour at the InCoWriMo website:

Mailboxes du Jour - 16 January 2014 (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/mailboxes-du-jour-16-january-2014/)

Today's episode features the lovely and fort-like mailbox of SBRE Brown.

Also, please note that several familiar names have been "dropped" in today's post. I can't mention them here due to copyright issues, but their initials might look like: WR, KI, VO, B07, CS, TL...

Keep Calm and InCo On!

=)

Bogon07
January 16th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Some slacker's letterbox needs a clean-up & repaint.

ndw76
January 16th, 2014, 09:38 PM
At least you have a number.

Tracy Lee
January 17th, 2014, 07:27 AM
I can't paint or otherwise make mine any more interesting, unfortunately!!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/17/adu4u8yn.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

eriquito
January 17th, 2014, 08:59 AM
More mailboxes!

Mailboxes du Jour - 17 January 2104 (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/mailboxes-du-jour-17-january-2014/)

Big thanks to writingrav for having provided the photo for today's installment!

If you'd like to see your mailbox / mail slot / PO Box / community mailbox / etc. featured in a future Mailboxes du Jour post, just send me a photo - via email. I'm at:

eric at incowrimo.org

Two weeks-ish until InCoWriMo 2014 officially kicks-off. Have you got your pens and inks and papers and stamps ready?

I don't think I'm ready. I had better rectify that today!

inlovewithjournals
January 17th, 2014, 02:41 PM
For my fellow Canadians who will be participating in InCoWriMo, I just bought a bunch of postage paid postcards at Canada Post. They cost $1.99 each and the postage is included "For mailing in Canada and delivery worldwide". They are very nice, thick and glossy postcards and I am sure I will use a couple for InCoWriMo. Just thought I would pass along in case you, like me, were unaware. :)

Bogon07
January 17th, 2014, 04:09 PM
More mailboxes!

Mailboxes du Jour - 17 January 2104 (http://incowrimo.org/2014/01/mailboxes-du-jour-17-january-2014/)

If you'd like to see your mailbox / mail slot / PO Box / community mailbox / etc. featured in a future Mailboxes du Jour post, just send me a photo - via email. I'm at:

eric at incowrimo.org

Two weeks-ish until InCoWriMo 2014 officially kicks-off. Have you got your pens and inks and papers and stamps ready?

Ira's & TracyLee's letterboxes are both nice and clean looking despite the amount of use they must get.

Tracy Lee
January 17th, 2014, 04:23 PM
More mailboxes!

eric at incowrimo.org

Ira's & TracyLee's letterboxes are both nice and clean looking despite the amount of use they must get.

I do sometimes feel like I should pay a fee given how much comes and goes out of there. I feel like that poor post person is my personal assistant with no additional compensation.

writingrav
January 17th, 2014, 05:08 PM
More mailboxes!

eric at incowrimo.org

I do sometimes feel like I should pay a fee given how much comes and goes out of there. I feel like that poor post person is my personal assistant with no additional compensation.

I always wonder what my postman thinks of all the letters going in and out. Especially the wax seals.

Bogon07
January 18th, 2014, 05:51 PM
More mailboxes!

eric at incowrimo.org

I always wonder what my postman thinks of all the letters going in and out. Especially the wax seals.

He is probably thinking, thank goodness these people are sending enough letters to keep me in a job.

ypsilanti
January 19th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Just finished making 28 InCoWriMo envelopes!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/ranepagu.jpg

cwent2
January 19th, 2014, 11:22 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2810/12035096114_0bd7fb6aca_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/12035096114/)
DSCN1208 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/12035096114/) by cwent2 (http://www.flickr.com/people/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

Tracy Lee
January 19th, 2014, 11:54 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2810/12035096114_0bd7fb6aca_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/12035096114/)
DSCN1208 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99367074@N04/12035096114/) by cwent2 (http://www.flickr.com/people/99367074@N04/), on Flickr

Now THAT is a great mailbox!!

cwent2
January 19th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Tracy Lee

Thanks - That box has been there as long as I can remember.

Cw

Tracy Lee
January 19th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Tracy Lee

Thanks - That box has been there as long as I can remember.

Cw

It should have a new occupant from here by week's end!

caribbean_skye
January 19th, 2014, 05:49 PM
<snip>

Are you sure 28 is going to be enough? I think I mailed out 56 letters last February. That's the 28 I sent out plus the ones I rec'd and responded to. :)

Sailor Kenshin
January 19th, 2014, 06:05 PM

Those. R. COOOL!

VertOlive
January 19th, 2014, 06:17 PM

Ooooh! Marvelous! Pick me!

zemof
January 20th, 2014, 02:29 AM

brilliant…! mine’s probably a mixture of letters, postcards and cards… now you’ve got me thinking, should i have something consistent to tag it as being for the incowrimo event? a chop maybe or…?

MechanicalAnalogy
January 20th, 2014, 07:09 AM
@cwent2: I like the pineapple, it looks delicious. *om nom* Also, I don't know much of anything about photography, but I love the way you framed the picture. With those trees in the background, I'm guessing your neighborhood is GORGEOUS in in the Fall.

cwent2
January 20th, 2014, 07:26 AM
@cwent2: I like the pineapple, it looks delicious. *om nom* Also, I don't know much of anything about photography, but I love the way you framed the picture. With those trees in the background, I'm guessing your neighborhood is GORGEOUS in in the Fall.

It was either that or the back ground would have been my porch.

Thank you - Yes, but I have to pay for the view - I have a lot of maple trees on the property. And they all fall!

Cw

VertOlive
January 20th, 2014, 10:04 AM
My mailbox, with Guardian...

Dreck
January 20th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Our mailbox, with my little princess and the sunflower that she planted next to it this year.

VertOlive
January 24th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Dreck, I can't see your attachment.....

jbb
January 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM

Very nice mailbox!

Dreck
January 24th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Dreck, I can't see your attachment.....

Neither can I anymore. Apologies. I don't do technological things. I'll give it another try later

AKnight
January 24th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I'm new to this but very interested in taking part.

cwent2
January 24th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I'm new to this but very interested in taking part.

Official 2014 InCoWriMo Participation Thread
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5447-Official-2014-InCoWriMo-Participation-Thread/page6

Put your information in the above thread

VertOlive
January 25th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Our mailbox, with my little princess and the sunflower that she planted next to it this year.

What a dear heart--she looks so proud!

Dreck
January 25th, 2014, 03:27 PM
What a dear heart--she looks so proud!

She was that. Every year since she's been old enough to "help" with our garden, she's planted sunflowers around our house & by the mailbox. It's also been her responsibility to tend to them, so the results have historically been unpredictable. The past couple years, she's also planted hollyhocks.

Sailor Kenshin
January 25th, 2014, 03:43 PM
That is just wall-to-wall cute!

Dreck
January 25th, 2014, 04:56 PM
That is just wall-to-wall cute!

Thanks. I'm frequently grateful that she takes after her beautiful mother.

MechanicalAnalogy
January 26th, 2014, 07:44 AM

Would it be fair to say both are growing like a weed?

Sorry, sorry. I'll shut up, now.

:crazy_pilot:

Dreck
January 26th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Would it be fair to say both are growing like a weed?

Indeed.

carlos63
January 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I observed from the sidelines last year but i'm gonna jump in this year.

lenaldo
January 28th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I am jumping in this year. I am looking forward to see my mailbox full of real letters, not just bills and spam. :)

theadityajain
January 30th, 2014, 03:36 AM

VertOlive
January 31st, 2014, 01:59 PM
"before the InCoWriMo bell rings"...

Bell's ringin' now!

theadityajain
February 1st, 2014, 07:56 AM

00Photo
February 1st, 2014, 10:51 AM
1st Letter is ready to go!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7440/12254381703_fa7aa666d7_b.jpg

mrcharlie
February 1st, 2014, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty sure I just dropped off my first letter and forgot to put a stamp on it. :(

VertOlive
February 1st, 2014, 11:23 AM
Snowshoed over to the Post Office and dropped the first 7 in the mail. A good beginning!

Tracy Lee
February 1st, 2014, 01:09 PM

That is just beautiful!!

MechanicalAnalogy
February 1st, 2014, 01:15 PM

LOVE the bowtie! ^.^

Mags
February 2nd, 2014, 04:41 AM
Congratulations to everyone. I got off to a slow start and updated the spreadsheet adding my name as I had only posted on the forum board. I missed the page 4 post in which we were asked to add our addresses in the spreadsheet. Next, I picked up stamps for international and local correspondence . I did not see as many Canadians as I thought I might but I will try to get local letters off soon. Then I started to write letters and only got 1 and 1/2 letters accomplished. I may be able to pen a few more today and post letters on Monday. Of course the more boring the SuperBowl the more letters I will write with coherence.

I was not sure how to dive in and start off for these letters so described my city, favourite pen and why and favourite inks and why. I am a bit sluggish at writing to a pen pal audience but should be in better form with some practise and the larger challenge for me is going to be trying to write in French a little to those who identified French or English.

VertOlive
February 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
Letters in the box! Already! Woot!

Um, what's the etiquette when your first letters to each other cross in the melee that is InCoWriMo?

Sailor Kenshin
February 3rd, 2014, 05:22 PM
Uhm...I wrote like, four, five? But who knows when the mail will go out....

Type40
February 3rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
I had this happen with at least two people last year. We all continued to reply to the letter we had received till both letter chains landed on one person. It was kinda fun having two separate conversation with the same person.

Bogon07
February 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM

Um, what's the etiquette when your first letters to each other cross in the melee that is InCoWriMo?

I don't think there is an etiquette.

However if you are lucky the other person will be a fast responder and send another letter while you are still thinking about it. Then you can tie everything in your reply to both at once.

TheRoXFiles
February 3rd, 2014, 08:54 PM
Hi there!

Been a while since I've been here at FP Geeks. Just wanted to say: I'm participating this year, too. Not sure if I'll make it this time with my 28 minimum letters, but I'll give it a try. :)

If you want my address, feel free to drop me a PM. :)

jbb
February 5th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I'm 5 for 5 on day 5.... and so far all pen-Muggles (non-pen-people).

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3711/12215962826_ce654bde29_c.jpg

Toulouse
February 5th, 2014, 01:59 PM

I'm not sure how others handle it, but I plan on just sending a reply and letting the letters continue to cross. I've got a couple long time pen pals where our letters are out of syc and it adds to the surprise.

So far I'm on schedule with letters sent. Hope I can keep it up.
None received yet but there's a lot of Feb to go.
:)

LunaAzurina
February 5th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Haha, pen-muggle. That used to be me, until I heard about InCoWriMo and joined this forum!
I'm 5 for 5 on day 5.... and so far all pen-Muggles (non-pen-people).

VertOlive
February 5th, 2014, 07:19 PM

I'm not sure how others handle it, but I plan on just sending a reply and letting the letters continue to cross. I've got a couple long time pen pals where our letters are out of syc and it adds to the surprise.

So far I'm on schedule with letters sent. Hope I can keep it up.
None received yet but there's a lot of Feb to go.
:)

Take heart, yours is on its way!

MechanicalAnalogy
February 6th, 2014, 05:33 AM
:offtopic:

What in the world is this nifty little contraption?

cwent2
February 6th, 2014, 07:17 AM
@Today, 07:33 AM #142
MechanicalAnalogy

A avitor of Mechanical analogy and you do not recognize a letter scale and stamp dispensor?

Lady Onogaro
February 6th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Oh, no! But at least you didn't try to send one to Canada with a first-class U.S. postage stamp.