PDA

View Full Version : Ink stains on a Safari

sonorma
January 2nd, 2014, 04:34 AM
Hello all,

I have purchased a used orange Safari with violet ink stains on the grip section. Flushing the pen didn`t remove the stains. So what can I do to remove them? I don`t want the shiny plastic to become dull from abrasive stuff.

KrazyIvan
January 3rd, 2014, 02:45 PM
Soaking in a 10:1 solution of water : ammonia may help. If that does not work the same ratio of water to bleach will do the trick but be very careful with the soak. It should come out rather quickly. I would soak just the section. No need exposing the nib and feed to the bleach if you do not have to. You can pull the nib straight out. If you cannot grip it, use a piece of tape stuck to the whole surface of the nib. Make sure the tape is just a little long and pull on the tape. The feed pulls straight out to. Reassemble in reverse order keeping in mind that the feed is keyed. It has a notch that lines up to what would be the back side of the section.

Here is a Goulet video that shows the whole process: http://www.inknouveau.com/2013/04/safely-replacing-lamy-feed.html

sonorma
January 5th, 2014, 10:32 AM
The water and ammonia solution did the trick. I soaked the grip section overnight and the stains were gone the next morning. Thank you so much.

85AKbN
January 5th, 2014, 11:02 AM
don't forget to tip your waiter... :jester:

KrazyIvan
January 5th, 2014, 02:57 PM
The water and ammonia solution did the trick. I soaked the grip section overnight and the stains were gone the next morning. Thank you so much.

I am glad it worked out. :)