PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Snorkels? How about stickered NOS ones?

dannzeman
April 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM
A couple of these I've shown off before but I really wanted to show you my latest pen, a NOS stickered Snorkel Saratoga. I bought it from a gentleman on eBay who owned a drug store in Montana. He close down the store several years ago and while cleaning it out recently he's been listing some of the items on eBay. I snatched it up for a surprisingly affordable $52! I think it goes rather well with my two other Snorkels an had fully intended on selling it for a nice profit but my wife insisted I keep it. How can I say no to that?

@penfancy
April 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Rare happening indeed. A supportive wife is a keeper!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

The Follows
April 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Those are nice looking pens! And I just heard the story about these on the "radio". :-)

KrazyIvan
April 16th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Very nice! So you are not selling then?

Parker Quink Turquoise
April 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I have a Canadian made pastal/aqua blue snorkel that I recently restored.Nice pen and works great.

gwgtaylor
April 18th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Just finished watching this weeks podcast and I gotta say that I love buying old NOS stickered pens just so that I can be the person to scrape off that sticker and ink it up. I won an auction for a stickered and tagged statesman snorkel set you listed in an old Sunday shopper. Currently they are in queue with Richard Binder for refreshing. I can't imagine owning a pen and not using it. Just this month I got two old stock duofolds from the early 90s. Condition is amazing and fresh unworn tipping--how could you not use them? I guess I'm still buying pens just for me and not thinking about resale. Not sure if I'll ever make the transition.

dannzeman
April 21st, 2012, 01:41 PM
Very nice! So you are not selling then?
The Snork with the Triumph stub nib, never. The open nib, possibly sometime. The NOS stickered, not sure.

manoeuver
April 21st, 2012, 01:45 PM
Just finished watching this weeks podcast and I gotta say that I love buying old NOS stickered pens just so that I can be the person to scrape off that sticker and ink it up. I won an auction for a stickered and tagged statesman snorkel set you listed in an old Sunday shopper. Currently they are in queue with Richard Binder for refreshing. I can't imagine owning a pen and not using it. Just this month I got two old stock duofolds from the early 90s. Condition is amazing and fresh unworn tipping--how could you not use them? I guess I'm still buying pens just for me and not thinking about resale. Not sure if I'll ever make the transition.
God bless you for using the pens. Resale? Fie! Let us all give a squinty-eyed look toward any fountain pen speculators....

goldiesdad
May 19th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I am having Danny Fudge fit my Dad's old snorkel ... can't wait to get her ...

RodneyOK
May 31st, 2012, 03:22 PM
Wow! Great find. The bulk of my collection is Sheaffer, and I do love the snorkels. To find a stickered one would be superb.

gwgtaylor
June 1st, 2012, 12:34 AM
Just got my stickered statesman back from Richard binder. Tags removed, sticker scraped off and filled with WBB and wow!! I love it!!

FP_GaF
June 1st, 2012, 01:57 AM
Yes please! I think I 'm very envious now. Congratulations on this very nice fountain pen.

gwgtaylor
June 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Thought I'd share a few pics.

http://img.tapatalk.com/4c4015b0-f424-7049.jpg

ianmedium
June 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I love that Nib! Sheaffer really knows how to style a nib I think!