PDA

View Full Version : Who's waiting on the new Edison Nouveau Encore?

KrazyIvan
April 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I have been watching my RSS fill up with all the photos. I am not sure I like them all but the blue ocean looking one is fascinating. So it has three things never seen on an Edison. I see the cap band. That is an obvious one. One of the photos shows a side view of the cap finial/jewel that looks to be metal. What is the third, never before seen on an Edison pen feature?

fountainpenkid
April 17th, 2012, 03:54 PM
where are you guys finding these pictures?

inky
April 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I can't wait to see what the whole pen looks like! I think the new features are: The band as you mentioned, the Jewel also that you mentioned, and the last one is the Edison logo on a #5 sized nib. I'm curious to see what the jewel design is going to be, also the price point. Seeing as his smaller pens are around the 200~225 mark in the signature line, I may be more tempted to do a custom Mina if these are priced along the same lines.

fountainpenkid, here is the link: http://www.inknouveau.com/

KrazyIvan
April 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM
where are you guys finding these pictures?

Brian and Rachel have been posting them on the blog: http://www.inknouveau.com/

And I figured out what the third is. Engraved #5 nibs. Posted after you posted, inky. :D

Well, as far as pricing, I think this is a "mass production" pen so it can't be the same as a custom pen. Maybe in the $180 range since the other ones are $150??? Maybe $150???? *crosses fingers*

etoyoc
April 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Looks nice, and maybe this would make my first Edison pen. However, I still want to see and touch and Edison pen first. One of the goals for the Chicago pen show. Any chance Brian will bring some of these along as well?

fountainpenkid
April 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
where , sith lord, do you see 3 rings?

KrazyIvan
April 17th, 2012, 07:23 PM
where , sith lord, do you see 3 rings?
Who da what now?

bgray
April 17th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Looks nice, and maybe this would make my first Edison pen. However, I still want to see and touch and Edison pen first. One of the goals for the Chicago pen show. Any chance Brian will bring some of these along as well?

You guys are pretty perceptive! The full reveal will be tomorrow, but so far you are spot on! The "thingy" in the top of the cap...I wasn't sure if many people would catch that detail in the Goulet's photos, but you're on the right track. Tune in to Write Time at Nine tomorrow night. We'll be devoting most of the show to this pen.

And yes, we will have these pens as well as the rest of the Production and Signature Line in Chicago.

John the Monkey
April 18th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Oh, that purple material is beautiful! Lovely work again, Mr Gray.

fountainpenkid
April 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM
@Krazyivan sorry! i guess i was looking at your signature and though that was your username! I didn't mean it!

I got the ring thing now......you meant there are three rings overall on the pen....

Will

KrazyIvan
April 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM
@Krazyivan sorry! i guess i was looking at your signature and though that was your username! I didn't mean it!

I got the ring thing now......you meant there are three rings overall on the pen....

Will

Nope. I meant that there are three new features never seen before on an Edison Pen. Brian revealed the third, and it is as I thought and as Mr. Gray confirmed. The three new things are:

Cap band
Cap finial
Engraved #5 nib. <- This one I would have never got on my own. Did not realize the #5 nibs were not engraved.

I did not want to in-line the pictures in this thread but they are some very nice shots. Everything can be seen on the Goulet's blog. (http://www.inknouveau.com/)

fountainpenkid
April 18th, 2012, 10:01 AM
oh.....got it now!

*facepalm*

KrazyIvan
April 18th, 2012, 11:10 AM
oh.....got it now!

*facepalm*

No worries. :)

After looking at the cap finial, I am guessing this is not going to be a $150 pen. I wonder if the finial is screwed in place or glued in.

fountainpenkid
April 18th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I hope its screwed in.......

Yeah....I feel like this will be over $200 :(

Will

inky
April 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure it will be too much more then the Premire, my guess is around $175 to $190. Though if this was Price is Right, I'd have to go with $1 Bob. All joking aside, the jewel on this thing makes the pen! Looking very much forward to their reveal tonight! Sigh, if only I didn't tap out my pen fund with Greg Minuskin today!

bgray
April 18th, 2012, 03:02 PM
No worries. :)

After looking at the cap finial, I am guessing this is not going to be a $150 pen. I wonder if the finial is screwed in place or glued in.

Screw in finial.

With price, I can say definitely less than $200. Tune in tonight!

KrazyIvan
April 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Screw in finial.

With price, I can say definitely less than $200. Tune in tonight!

Ahh, okay, so $199. Gotchya. :D :p

I am going to have to miss the unveil so people will need to fill me in tomorrow.

NVM, looks like the event I was going to attend has been cancelled. I'll be watching and maybe participating if the chat system decides to let me in. :D

KrazyIvan
April 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Just in - Official price is $185. The broadcast is going on now. Blue Agate has my name all over it for more reasons than it is blue.

etoyoc
April 18th, 2012, 08:07 PM
very sweet looking pen. Oddly enough, price = Vac 700 + Micarta. hmmmmmmmm, thinking about it that way is making it more likely for me to swing the funds.

And I agree... Blue Agate!

writingrav
April 19th, 2012, 04:30 AM
I've fallen for the Turquoise and ordered it. With the Micarta safely in hand I think I just passed on the Vac 700 in favor of the Encore.

KrazyIvan
April 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I am debating between this one and the Collier. I will probably end up with both eventually but I can't decide which one I want to have first because the next one will be a while before I can get it.

inky
April 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I really like what the Brians came up with this go around! I the more I see the cap the more I want one. I may end up having to go the custom route though, I really love the way the section is shapped on the Pearl and Edison Nouveau Premire and don't know if I could get used the shape of the section on the Encore. The Twsbi 540 has a similer shaped section and it is the one thing I wish I could change on that pen.

That being said I am really having to fight the urge to order one of the Amethyst Ice pens, that is my favorite color combo of the offerings. I can just see using Purple Heart in that one!

KrazyIvan
April 19th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I really like what the Brians came up with this go around! I the more I see the cap the more I want one. I may end up having to go the custom route though, I really love the way the section is shapped on the Pearl and Edison Nouveau Premire and don't know if I could get used the shape of the section on the Encore. The Twsbi 540 has a similer shaped section and it is the one thing I wish I could change on that pen.

That being said I am really having to fight the urge to order one of the Amethyst Ice pens, that is my favorite color combo of the offerings. I can just see using Purple Heart in that one!

I know what you mean about fighting the urge. I am still weighing my options. I have to clear some of my watched items in my eBay queue. :rolleyes:

etoyoc
April 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I can't make up my mind. I am torn between A) being responsible, B) getting the blue agate encore, and C) getting the B&B Huron Grande.

Hmmm... Brian (assuming you are still watching this thread), do you take PayPal when you are at pen shows?

bgray
April 19th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I can't make up my mind. I am torn between A) being responsible, B) getting the blue agate encore, and C) getting the B&B Huron Grande.

Hmmm... Brian (assuming you are still watching this thread), do you take PayPal when you are at pen shows?

We have no problem with Paypal at shows....but you if you can, bring your own laptop, or method to use it. I'm not a fan of people using my computer at shows for secure payments. This can be risky. If someone has a security issues months after their transaction on my computer, I don't want there to be any doubt, so I avoid it. It's easier to use credit cards at shows, unless you bring your own method for using Paypal.

The Blue Agate and other Encores will be at the show, but remember that I don't distribute them, so I'm not sure if they will be for sale at the show....don't know yet. You can always see the pen live, and then place your order later through the Goulet website if I'm not selling them at the show.

The B+B Herald will probably not be there, but I'll have other Herald Grandes to look at.

etoyoc
April 19th, 2012, 08:50 PM
We have no problem with Paypal at shows....but you if you can, bring your own laptop, or method to use it. I'm not a fan of people using my computer at shows for secure payments. This can be risky. If someone has a security issues months after their transaction on my computer, I don't want there to be any doubt, so I avoid it. It's easier to use credit cards at shows, unless you bring your own method for using Paypal.

The Blue Agate and other Encores will be at the show, but remember that I don't distribute them, so I'm not sure if they will be for sale at the show....don't know yet. You can always see the pen live, and then place your order later through the Goulet website if I'm not selling them at the show.

The B+B Herald will probably not be there, but I'll have other Herald Grandes to look at.

Thanks for the info. I have a PayPal app on my phone. The B&B LE HG sale will end before the Chicago show, so I wouldn't be worried about seeing that exact pen. I understand what you are saying about the Encore though and purchasing it there at the show. I still look forward to seeing what it looks and feels like first hand so that I can make that decision.

bgray
April 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the info. I have a PayPal app on my phone. The B&B LE HG sale will end before the Chicago show, so I wouldn't be worried about seeing that exact pen. I understand what you are saying about the Encore though and purchasing it there at the show. I still look forward to seeing what it looks and feels like first hand so that I can make that decision.

Sounds good! We'll see you there!

KrazyIvan
April 20th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Sounds good! We'll see you there!

Ummm, I just figured out what the B&B LE pen is and this is horrible......

For. My. Wallet.

Okay, I missed out on the Goulet's LE pen that was made out of this same ebonite. I need to get this pen. Separate thread on the way.

etoyoc
April 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Ummm, I just figured out what the B&B LE pen is and this is horrible......

For. My. Wallet.

No kidding! At least the Encore isn't a limited release (it will be available for a while... right?), so I can wait for the defibrillators to bring my wallet back to life before I take that second hit.

KrazyIvan
April 20th, 2012, 08:17 PM
No kidding! At least the Encore isn't a limited release (it will be available for a while... right?), so I can wait for the defibrillators to bring my wallet back to life before I take that second hit.

Yeah, the Encore is a production pen exclusive to the Goulet's so it should be available for a while. As it looks right now, my pen fund is zero for the next 3.5 months. Then save up for the Encore, another 3.5 months, so, seven months before I can get an Encore. There better not be any more LE pens from Edison in the next 7 months. :p

gfcallobre
April 22nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
As my first post to this Forum, I'm very happy to say that I received my Blue Agate Edison Nouveau Encore pen in the mail yeaterday! I saw the official photos on Wednesday evening during the broadcast, but I waited until Thurday morning to place the order. I wanted my pen frenzy to take a pause before I ordered.

To my complete surprise, I promptly receive three emails in quick succession: an order confirmation from the Goulets, a shipping confirmation from Brian Gray, and a follow-up email from Goulets with the tracking numbers! FAST!!!

The pen arrived yesterday, and it is a very attractive pen. I find the size to be very comfortable to use, and I have fairly large hands. The nib is very smooth, and chose a Fine nib. I'd certainly recommend the Encore to anyone considering it. This is my second Edison pen this week since I just received an Edison Nouveau Premire LE Cherry Cordial pen on Wednesday. That's why I waited until Thursday to order! Now I have to behave and enjoy my excellent new pens.

writingrav
April 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
I also received my Edison Nouveau Encore, Turquoise. Lovely looking pen. Writes very smoothly. I usually do not post, but find that this pen feels a bit too light in my hand unless I do. Not a complaint, just different. Great service, great looking pen, great writer