PDA

View Full Version : Tomoe River Hardbound Blank Book by Paper for Fountain Pens

heath
January 5th, 2014, 01:55 PM
For the original review with all the images click here: http://penpaperinkletter.com/tomoe-river-hardbound-paper-fountain-pens/ (http://penpaperinkletter.com/tomoe-river-hardbound-paper-fountain-pens/)

These are the two versions of the Tomoe River Hardbound journals from PaperforFountainPens.com. The only difference is the color of the paper. One is white and the other cream. I have always been a white paper guy but with Tomoe River, the look and performance, and the quality of the notebook I find myself leaning to the cream just a hair because it feels more old world and refined. It isn’t different but it is a mental thing. I like them both and think it will come down to your preference. All in all, I’m glad I have both. Want to see more about Tomor River paper?

Jay also came out with a version for the new year that has more pages so you can have a page for each day. The standard journal is 320 pages though which I think is a good amount. Also, because you might not realize it from the pictures, with the Tomoe River paper this journal is not thick at all. The paper is thin and that helps keep the blank book to a manageable thickness. I can easily carry two with a decent size book in a one hand grip.

The Tomoe River paper is the same as any other Tomoe River paper you will find from vendors in loose sheets, pads and notebooks. If you have used the paper though you will know it is lightweight and isn’t easy to use unless you have it on a hard flat surface. The hardbound journal fixes that and the other issue of the paper being hard to use on the go. It will easily damage in backpacks if not supported or well protected and this hardback does that as well.

Overall I agree with my readers who named this product the 2013 product of the year. You can get the standard hardback from Jay at PaperforFountainPens.com for $29 in either the white or cream versions at this time.

-Heath
@WeThePPIL

VertOlive
January 5th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I have this journal in cream paper-it is a little jewell of a notebook and I recommend it unreservedly.

alc3261
January 10th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Me too!!

ethernautrix
January 10th, 2014, 04:41 PM
I gave this journal to a friend -- well, I gave the first one to another friend first, intending to keep the second one. But, you know, life, timing. So I gave the second one (in its pristine condition) to the other friend -- and ordered a Nanami Seven Seas notebook for myself, cos it's lined (was going to order the NSS for the friend, but I wanted to give him a gift now, now, now, and I didn't know how long the delivery would take to Poland -- not so long I'm pleased to report, but not faster than "now.").

Eventually, I probably will order more notebooks from Jay ("eventually" meaning next summer), cos the plain pages seem somehow different from the lined pages. The behavior is the same, though - no bleedthrough. Amazing!

Bmadison
April 21st, 2023, 04:10 AM
Effortless mic test! The online microphone test (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/mic%20test) was straightforward and yielded excellent results. The audio playback was clean, without any noticeable latency or background noise. This mic test tool is ideal for testing and fine-tuning microphones for various applications, such as gaming, streaming, or recording. The user-friendly interface and quick results make it convenient for both beginners and experienced users alike. A reliable and efficient online mic test that is worth trying out!

xewepi714
April 24th, 2023, 07:31 AM
Fleece blankets are made from synthetic materials such as polyester or microfiber. They are soft, lightweight, and easy to care for, making them a popular choice for everyday use. Fleece blankets are available in a wide range of colors and patterns, and they are perfect for snuggling on the couch or as an extra layer on your bed. https://blanketzzz.com/best-outdoor-blanket/