PDA

View Full Version : making journals with onion skin paper

ypsilanti
January 5th, 2014, 06:21 PM
A few of my correspondents have asked that I post photos of the notebooks I've been making. Here are two I finished this evening.

Both are about 5.5" X 8.5", with 200 pages of onion skin paper. The striped one is cloth-covered and will be my next journal. The one with scribbles and nibs is paper-covered and it will be a gift (my first go at paper-covered covers; this paper was too cool to pass up). I'm still trying to find the sweet spot with this Coptic stitch. There's some play in this type of binding; there just is. In my efforts to minimize the wigglies, I tend to stitch them too tightly. Just need to keep making notebooks, I guess, until I get it right! I've included a photo of the onions stamped in gold ink inside the front cover.

VertOlive
January 5th, 2014, 06:42 PM
The onions are just the best!

Bogon07
January 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM
The onions are just the best!

Nice work & those gold onion stamps are a great personalisation.

ypsilanti
January 6th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Thank you! I was thrilled to find the onion stamp. More proof that one can find *anything* on the interweb.

earthdawn
January 6th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Fantastic work !

ypsilanti
January 7th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Thank you! I appreciate your kind words. Honestly I was a bit nervous about showing my work, novice that I am. I shouldn't have been nervous at all, though, the geeks here are such nice people.

AndyT
January 7th, 2014, 02:28 PM
They look superb - very nicely done!

Nomdeplume
January 7th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Love these! Did you get a copy shop or publishing place to cut the paper?

Sailor Kenshin
January 7th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Beautiful!

ypsilanti
January 7th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Love these! Did you get a copy shop or publishing place to cut the paper?

I bought reams of onion skin from The Paper Mill Store and simply folded sheets in half. If you get on their emailing list, you'll occasionally get a free shipping offer. Good deal.