PDA

View Full Version : Posting Ink Review

VertOlive
January 6th, 2014, 02:20 PM
I'd like to post a handwritten ink review. I don't seem to be able to capture it well enough with my camera. Should I try scanning into my computer, then posting it? How to get the magnification I see here on-line?

In humble, clueless thanks--VO

AndyT
January 6th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I think scanning would be a lot easier than trying to get the white balance spot on with your camera, VO. Do you use an online image storage site like Flickr? In which case you could post a small copy using the attachment system here and supply a link to a higher resolution image at the storage site. I try to keep attached images reasonably small in terms of memory, so that generally means a jpg not much more than 800 pixels in width saved at 80% quality.

VertOlive
January 6th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I will try to grok this. So off to find an unattended scanner....!

KrazyIvan
January 6th, 2014, 04:11 PM
if you set your scanner to do 300 dpi you will get a scale image. You can store the image on flickr and use the smaller share links to post without worrying about too big of an image in your posts but still leave a full resolution scan accessible for further examination. For close ups to show feathering or spreading, I set my camera to macro mode and hand hold a jewelers loupe in front of the camera lens (my cell phone or iPad).