PDA

View Full Version : This may seem like a silly question

Dad Of Sapling
January 6th, 2014, 07:15 PM
But, is there really much of a difference between a $20ish pen like a pilot metro and a $100 pen? I have a metro that I use every day and really like it. I also have an esterbrook that I really like (although I wish I had a finer nib) and I have tried a Lamy Safari. To be honest I really like the metro and am having a hard time justifying spending more than about 50 bucks on the next pen.

Am I missing something or just being too cheap?

Tony Rex
January 6th, 2014, 07:23 PM
1. Yes, $80.
2. No and maybe.

For everything else, YGWYPF and Master Card (via paypal).

MisterBoll
January 6th, 2014, 07:40 PM
The Pilot is a wonderful pen. You should go out and try out other pens. Some might be worth it. Not all are.

sixmr
January 6th, 2014, 07:49 PM
The Metropolitan is a tough value to beat for sure. Under $100, I can't recommend much that offers a vastly superior writing experience, only a greater aesthetic experience. Generally speaking, what you will get going up to the $100 price point is better materials, fit, and finish, e.g. the TWSBI pens. Going from the Metropolitan to say a 580 gets you a demonstrator that is a heavier, more solid feeling pen with more emphasis on design, not that the Metropolitan feels crappy. The TWSBI also has a piston filler and easily replaceable/swappable nibs that come in a wide range of sizes and are easily found online. I don't think you're being too cheap. Everyone's tastes are different, and what I find pleasing in both writing and aesthetics others may find boring. I think you need to break the $100 barrier to really start having a greater writing experience. Some of Faber Castell's steel nibs write better than some pens with gold nibs I've tried, but in general, I find gold nibs to offer more character when writing. Point being, a $15 Metropolitan can out perform a pen three to six times its price easily, but we don't always pay for just the nib. You might find you like pens made of metal, celluloid, acrylic, or wood and be willing to part with more money because of the way they feel and look before you ever touch the nib to paper. I encourage you to visit local shops if you have any, or a pen show, and put your hands on other pens of all prices. That way you'll see if anything really clicks with you. I never thought Nakaya or Omas pens were worth the $500+ prices until I used them, and now my wallet hates me. :)

Cookies
January 6th, 2014, 08:12 PM
It's definitely NOT a silly question. I remember being at a point where spending more than $30 on a pen seemed ludicrous! Now $500 seems ludicrous, but I don't doubt I'll be at a point where that passes as well.
The answer to your question is, it depends. Some pens will be worth the money to you, others will not. The Metropolitan is a fantastic value, but compared to a Vanishing Point you'll understand why it's a $30 pen. Compare it to a Prera and you'll wonder why the Prera is $20 more expensive. Then there are pens like the Homo Sapiens, various maki-e pens, and especially Nakayas where the pen is considered a work of art, and you'll definitely pay a premium for that aspect. Do they work better than the same nib on a different pen? No, but to some the artwork is worth it.
It's really best to just weigh each pen on its own rather than lump them all together in $100+ $300+ etc.

Sandy Fry
January 6th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Hi,
like everything else, a pen is only worth what YOU are willing to spend for it.

David

kaisnowbird
January 6th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Every time I pick up a Pilot Metro (mine or a friend's) to write, I marvel at its value for money. However, I don't want to stop there.

Of the infinite ways to move further, should you incline to do so, I would suggest these two:
1. Get more Pilot Metro, in different finishes that appeal to you, or collect them all. Try other Pilot pens that come with compatible nibs to swap them around, which is always fun. Writing with different inks and paper will enrich your experience too.

2. Go beyond the Metro and its price point, set a new price point/limit, read the reviews and find the next pen to invest (not for money, but an investment for months/years of fun writing and growth in FP experience).

At $50, TWSBI is an option that cannot be ignored. It will offer you a whole new experience - demonstrator options, piston filler and very different asthetics.

If you are interested in TWSBI, I would suggest:
a. Buy a model that's been well tested by the market, eg. the Diamond Mini or 580, not the brand new Classic.
b. Don't take the pen fully apart just because it can be done, only service it when necessary.

At a higher price point, you begin to have many gold nib options.
- Your trusted Pilot brand offers a popular favourite Custom 74 at $85 plus shipping (or lower). There are cheaper Pilot gold nib FPs, but this is a reliable and well reviewed model. Value for money no doubt.
- As many fellow geeks will tell you, vintage gold nibs are generally superior than the modern creations in term of the writing experience they offer. Good condition Parker 51 and Eversharp Skyline are just two examples that come to mind, both can easily be found under $100. These have lasted 60-70 years and many are still working superbly like on day 1. Some Skylines have flexible nibs, which you may wish to try.
- Greg Minuskin offers customised/restored vintage pens, stubs and flex galore, all in good working order, at reasonable prices (the majority sell for $50-$100). If you are quick enough to beat the other buyers, you may be very happily rewarded.

Hope the above is of some assistance. Have fun!

Kaputnik
January 6th, 2014, 11:56 PM
The only Pilot Metro I've bought was a gift for someone else, and I haven't written with it. I have used a Pilot FP 78G, which I understand is a similar writing experience, and which was a fantastic value for $14 even when I found out later I could have gotten one for $10. However, now that I have a Namiki Falcon and two Pilot Vanishing Points, each costing well over $100, I don't have much interest in using the 78G again. Yes, the writing experience really is that much better with the more expensive pens.

I like my Esterbrooks, which cost me between $7.50 and $30, although I spent an extra $30 just to get a 9788 nib for one of them. It was worth it. I have to say, though, that a number of vintage pens for which I paid more are a little nicer to write with, a Sheaffer Imperial IV, Eversharp Skyline, Conway Stewart 388. Of course, you never know what bargain you might find on a vintage pen.

At some point, obviously, paying more money will not get you a nicer writing experience, just a prettier pen, more expensive materials, or a more prestigious name. It's debatable where that point is. I have yet to reach $200, and suspect that I don't need to spend that much to be satisfied. My opinion of where "expensive" starts has definitely gotten higher, though.

If you have a chance to visit an actual pen boutique, you might be allowed to test some more expensive pens by dipping them, which would give you an idea as to whether they were worth the extra money. You might actually find that some of them are. On the other hand, if you're satisfied with what you've got, then it might be wiser not to work at acquiring more expensive tastes.

Jeph
January 7th, 2014, 01:08 AM
It is definately a question of diminishing returns. Sometimes it is even negative returns. More expensive does not always equal better. Gold is not always better than steel. 18K is not always better than 14K. But, over time, there will be things that you decide that you are willing to pay a little extra for. There are countless pens that I would love to have but will (probably) never be willing to pay for. But there are also pens that I know are not any better than pens that I have that are (sometimes much) cheaper but I still want them for whatever reason. Sometimes the pen picks you instead of the other way around. The key is to not pay more unless it is easily within your budget and you understand what you are paying the extra for.

I have yet to try a Pilot Varsity that did not write well. But...

Jon Szanto
January 7th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Not a silly question in the least, but it encompasses a bigger question, so for the moment, forget about money: every pen is different.

It is not a straight line from low-cost pen to high-cost pen that tracks the trajectory of a great writing experience. Sure, more expensive pens have things to offer, but the pens that are my very favorite writers cross many cost strata, and come from as recent as this year to 80 years old. With a non-current pen it is hard to nail down a price, as they vary, but it will *never* be a direct correlation of price = writing experience.

I have many pens that write well, and one of those is the Pilot Metro. On the other hand, how a pen writes is just one of the aspects of a pen that has the ability to please me.

AndyT
January 7th, 2014, 02:56 AM
In contrast to John, the way a pen writes is the only aspect which interests me. Well, so long as it doesn't raise blisters. As such, I think that there is a correlation of sorts between price and performance but it's neither strong nor predictable. Also it's my belief that there is a price point beyond which extra money might buy you things like prettier materials, better finish, fancier filling systems, brand recognition and maybe greater durability - but not a better writing experience.

There are notable bargains dotted around at various price points, and the Metro certainly seems to be one of them. I'm not especially keen on modern nibs in general, so for me the biggest jump in performance is between a current £30 pen and a serviceable but dowdy vintage example at the same price, but that's purely personal opinion.

Without a doubt, if you can try before you buy that's the best way to assess whether a pen is worth the money to you.

Jon Szanto
January 7th, 2014, 03:06 AM
Andy, are you absolutely certain about the above? Do you, truly, retain within you the ability to overlook any aspect of the pen in your hand other than how it behaves in the category of putting ink on the paper? I find that hard to believe, but I don't discount the possibility, nor consider it a lesser path.

Well, maybe a little... :)

kia
January 7th, 2014, 04:36 AM
If you are enjoying the Metropolitan and you like its performance, then that may be the pen for you.

I've tried many pens, but it all comes down to function and personal taste. I like the Metropolitan, too, and I very much like the price. It is a very well made entry pen, in my opinion, and I recommend them over the Safari and other pens for "entry level" pens. I tend to give them away as gifts to those interested in fp or as thank you gifts, and only just recently bought a couple for myself. I have tried a lot of pens in a lot of price ranges over several years in my quest for the perfect pen, and Pilot/Namiki pens are at the top of my personal list, along with Edison custom pens. They both come in several price ranges. The Pilot Vanishing Point became my every day workhorse, and I have several of them. I like how I can interchange nib units of different sizes/grinds without having to buy full new pens. I like the performance of the Pilot/Namiki nibs, and my Edison pens direct from Brian Gray are tuned by him to my writing preferences/style, and I can get just about any color/combination I like.

I still lust after a lot of pens, but I'm a little more price wise now, too. I'm more likely to buy another Pilot or Edison, before swooping in on a Pelikan or Lamy or Nakaya or Danitrio simply because I've tried them - and many in between - and have developed my preferences. I did buy the Danitrio CumLaude recently, from Keven Cheng, because I do like the performance and the price was right well under $100, but my every day pens are still my Pilot and Edison pens. I wouldn't give up my custom Danitrio pens, though, either.

The nice thing about trying out different pens is you can always turn them around in the fountain pen communities if one just doesn't live up to your own expectations, and still recoup your investment. I'm a pen hoarder, and I don't like to give up my pens, even if they aren't perfect for me, unless there is something about it that just screams "get rid of me!" In those cases, I've just turned them over to new folks or college students who are enthusiastic and can give the pens a good writing chance where I would not for whatever reason.

AndyT
January 7th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Andy, are you absolutely certain about the above? Do you, truly, retain within you the ability to overlook any aspect of the pen in your hand other than how it behaves in the category of putting ink on the paper? I find that hard to believe, but I don't discount the possibility, nor consider it a lesser path.

Well, maybe a little... :)

Well, you know ... :)

I very much like red ripple ebonite and those fancy 1930s marbled celluloids, but that's just a happy coincidence.

ypsilanti
January 7th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Not a silly question, of course, but a necessary one. A question I wish I'd asked a bit sooner than I did. And there are great answers here!

I will add this, for what it's worth, because I'm a newbie and I know quite well the "am I missing something?" feeling. Does my $200 Franklin Christoph (by far the most expensive pen I own) write any more beautifully than one of my Ahabs with a Goulet nib? No, it does not. Is it more aesthetically pleasing? Oh my yes. The nib-to-paper experience is the same. In fact, I ended up treating the FC broad nib for "baby bottom syndrome" and it writes better now than it did when I got it. Learning about tweaking nibs has helped me get the most out of all my pens, no matter the price.

Unless you're a collector who is collecting for collection's sake, this is a very personal experience. Writing, drawing letters on paper, you're making art! There is great advice in this forum, incredibly generous and helpful people. Ask lots of questions and try different things -- you'll find what you like, what works best for you. And that will lead to even more questions and new things to try. Enjoy.

KrazyIvan
January 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Don't forget the custom/semi-custom pen arena. Being able to get a pen made to your specifications is pretty darn cool and something uniquely yours. My favorite:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3740/9661228682_41b39c5168_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/9661228682/)
Bamboo Pen by Ken Cavers (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/9661228682/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

jde
January 7th, 2014, 11:33 AM
<snip>
On the other hand, how a pen writes is just one of the aspects of a pen that has the ability to please me.

I'm in this camp.

A pen can be a lovely writer, like the Pilot Metro certainly is, but be too heavy and cumbersome for me. Personally. Because ultimately it's all about what we individually want out of a pen(s).

There's cheap pens I despise. There are expensive pens I also despise.
There's cheap pens I love. And expensive pens I also love.

But only because I've tried them out myself, right?

The more exposure you have to fountain pens, the more you realize there are differences in quality, build, writing performance among many.

It's all about your own preferences. My own preferences evolved over time. What I wanted in the beginning is very different from what I want now.

Just know that the more you hang around the forum, the more you will want to try something new—pens, ink, paper, etc. (yes: "etc!")

Hopefully you find your own way, discover what's true for you, and be kind about others seemingly strange choices.

Koyote
January 7th, 2014, 11:56 AM
This question may reasonably be asked of myriad products: clothes, furnishings, autos. Each product brings a range of attributes and functions, and (for most products, and most people) aesthetics is among those attributes and functions that are considered important, and for which they are willing to pay more money. The interesting question, then, is: what establishes aesthetic standards?

Aesthetics (or call it "style") are often used to separate people into income categories and to emulate those in higher categories. (cf: Thorstein Veblen's Theory of the Leisure Class.) The rich don't buy certain garments because those clothes are stylish; rather, the clothes are stylish because the rich wear them. The rest of us use those pecuniary standards of consumption to display our own incomes and gain respectability in our classes.

In other words: my Lamy Safari may write just as well as (or better than) my Montblanc -- but if I have a high enough income, other FP users will think it odd that I use a Lamy rather than a MB. And if I have a low income and own a MB, some people will criticize me for squandering my money.

Just my $.02.

cwent2
January 7th, 2014, 12:04 PM
The General Motors Company

Pontiac or Cadillac

Same company - different target markets or Aesthetics

Same principal - different way of explaining.

If you have a pen store that you can sample different pens or go to a Pen show you will have a better idea if you like pen X in person so to speak.

moore.jl
January 7th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I'm firmly in the "it's all about how it writes" camp. I love my Lamy Safari. However, since I bought my Lamy 2000, I've been using it almost exclusively. In my experience, one thing you get with a more expensive pen is higher ink capacity. I used the fill up my safari every other day. I can make it almost a week with the 2000. The nib on the 2000 is also a lot smoother.

One in between option is the wonderful Italix Parson's Essential. Easily the best writer I own. Very wet nib. Decent ink capacity. And around $40. I have it with the medium italic nib. Use it for letter writing all the time.

Jon Szanto
January 7th, 2014, 12:34 PM
This question may reasonably be asked of myriad products: clothes, furnishings, autos. Each product brings a range of attributes and functions, and (for most products, and most people) aesthetics is among those attributes and functions that are considered important, and for which they are willing to pay more money. The interesting question, then, is: what establishes aesthetic standards?

Aesthetics (or call it "style") are often used to separate people into income categories and to emulate those in higher categories. (cf: Thorstein Veblen's Theory of the Leisure Class.) The rich don't buy certain garments because those clothes are stylish; rather, the clothes are stylish because the rich wear them. The rest of us use those pecuniary standards of consumption to display our own incomes and gain respectability in our classes.

In other words: my Lamy Safari may write just as well as (or better than) my Montblanc -- but if I have a high enough income, other FP users will think it odd that I use a Lamy rather than a MB. And if I have a low income and own a MB, some people will criticize me for squandering my money.

Just my $.02.

FWIW, I'm certainly enjoying having your perspective here on FPG, Koyote. Good to see you!

orfew
January 7th, 2014, 12:38 PM
My first fountain pen was a gift from my wife-a Montblanc 147. Every pen I have bought since has probably been compared to my first pen. I have tried a number of sub 100.00 pens but have never been impressed. I have tried Lamy's Monteverde's, Deltas and others. Those pens are no longer used and in fact many have been given away. I have over thirty pens but frankly have not found one better than my 147 regarding fit and finish, and writing performance.

Perhaps I have not tried hard enough to enjoy these sub 100.00 pens, maybe I should try a few more?

mhosea
January 7th, 2014, 01:25 PM
But, is there really much of a difference between a $20ish pen like a pilot metro and a $100 pen? I have a metro that I use every day and really like it. I also have an esterbrook that I really like (although I wish I had a finer nib) and I have tried a Lamy Safari. To be honest I really like the metro and am having a hard time justifying spending more than about 50 bucks on the next pen.

After a 100 pens ranging from Platinum Preppies to pens retailing for over $600, about all I've learned on this subject is not to use cost as a proxy for anything when it comes to pens. A correlation between what I like and cost does exist for modern pens, but the stakes are higher. If I spend $30 on a pen and don't like it, it doesn't bother me. If I spend $300 on a pen and don't like it, it bothers me.

85AKbN
January 7th, 2014, 01:49 PM
spice of life, grass is greener.

Sailor Kenshin
January 7th, 2014, 05:16 PM

Am I missing something or just being too cheap?

You are neither missing anything nor being too cheap.

And this is not a 'yes' or 'no' question. It's a matter of personal taste. I have a half-dozen or so more 'expensive' pens. But the ones I like best and reach for all the time are my plastic-bodied Heros and Safaris.

You really need to know your preferences, and you can find out at the lower end of the spectrum. I'm getting a little hand-weary for metal pens at the moment. It might change.

Hope this helps!

---Chief Engineer on the Cheap Express

Dad Of Sapling
January 7th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Wow!! I am overwhelmed by the responses. Everyone has given me a lot to think about. I think as a newbie the best advice is to get out and try different pens and see what I like. Ascetics plays a role in what I am looking for, but for me right now it is more about the function and feel of the pen. Reviews are helpful, but can't replace the hands on experience.

I guess I need to find a good local pen shop.

I knew I came to the right place.

Thanks

Jon Szanto
January 7th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I guess I need to find a good local pen shop.

I knew I came to the right place.

On the first comment, we should beat the bushes about pen shops up in the NW to get you good info, but I DO know that there has been an informal pen show for the last couple years in the Seattle area, which would be mondo excellent for you to check out. I'll ask some of the gurus and post back in this thread.

As to the second comment, those are the kind of comments that make ALL of us feel very good. Thanks, and welcome to FPG (again).

Koyote
January 7th, 2014, 08:36 PM
One more comment for Dad of Sapling: you mention that you wish your Esterbrook had a finer nib. Those nibs are easily replaceable, and pretty plentiful. eBay, the for sale section of this site, etc. You can find a guide to Esterbrook nibs here:

http://www.esterbrook.net/nibs.shtml

Heck, it looks like you can buy a fine or x-fine nib right at that site for $6!

Jon Szanto
January 7th, 2014, 09:03 PM
You can find a guide to Esterbrook nibs here:

http://www.esterbrook.net/nibs.shtml

Heck, it looks like you can buy a fine or x-fine nib right at that site for $6!

Brian Anderson is one of the go-to people in the Esterbrook world, and you can be assured of a good purchase through him. Dad, I'm not a fan of fine and x-fine nibs, and I may have one that I can send you if you don't end up dealing with Mr. Anderson or eBay, etc.

Jon Szanto
January 7th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Ok, Dad of Sapling, WAKE UP!!!

1st: my SF Pen people suggest a trip to WorldLux. The store doesn't have a lot of pens, but apparently more "in the back" for their online business, and Ricky says the French cafe next door is excellent.

2nd: I was off: I thought Seattle, but in reality it was Portland. Anyway, Michael McNeil, who is a pretty big pen guy, is involved (or started) a NW Pen Gathering in Portland. He did a very nice thread on it here on the FPG forums, and you HAVE to take a look, because nothing, really nothing, beats a pen show for seeing and trying a lot of pens. Contact him and find out when the next one is!!

1st Annual Pacific Northwest Pen Roundup (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/3380-Part-1-Pacific-N-W-Regional-Pen-Round-Up!-Photos?highlight=Seattle)

trhall
January 8th, 2014, 05:45 AM
WorldLux is located in/near the Fairmont Hotel in Seattle. It is accessible via a street entrance and if I recall, an entrance in the hotel. It's been a while.

The store isn't big but they do have a decent selection if pens in the store. If you see something on their online store that you want to see, call ahead and tell them and they will pull it out of their warehouse and be sure it is in the store for you.

Dad Of Sapling
January 8th, 2014, 06:35 PM

1st: my SF Pen people suggest a trip to WorldLux. The store doesn't have a lot of pens, but apparently more "in the back" for their online business, and Ricky says the French cafe next door is excellent.

2nd: I was off: I thought Seattle, but in reality it was Portland. Anyway, Michael McNeil, who is a pretty big pen guy, is involved (or started) a NW Pen Gathering in Portland. He did a very nice thread on it here on the FPG forums, and you HAVE to take a look, because nothing, really nothing, beats a pen show for seeing and trying a lot of pens. Contact him and find out when the next one is!!

1st Annual Pacific Northwest Pen Roundup (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/3380-Part-1-Pacific-N-W-Regional-Pen-Round-Up!-Photos?highlight=Seattle)

Ok, Ok I'm awake.
I have a meeting next week in downtown Seattle so it looks like a trip to World Lux and a French Cafe lunch is in my future. Ooolala
I'm going to shoot off an email to Mr. Anderson tonight to see what he has in the way of nibs.

DrChumley
January 9th, 2014, 10:04 PM

Ok, Ok I'm awake.
I have a meeting next week in downtown Seattle so it looks like a trip to World Lux and a French Cafe lunch is in my future. Ooolala
I'm going to shoot off an email to Mr. Anderson tonight to see what he has in the way of nibs.

Also, don't forget...around the corner from World Lux in Seattle is Silberman Brown. They don't have a ton of pens, but they do have a few. (That's where I got my Pilot Vanishing Point.) And you can also check out the University of Washington Bookstore in the U District. They have a modest selection of pens, and a fair bit of ink as well. Those are my usual haunts when I make it into the city.

mhosea
January 10th, 2014, 04:27 PM

After a 100 pens ranging from Platinum Preppies to pens retailing for over $600, about all I've learned on this subject is not to use cost as a proxy for anything when it comes to pens.

I have just experienced an almost annoying example of this. I recently bought a Parker 51 from David Isaacson off Ebay along with a sort of box full of half-decent and beater pens. All the pens have some issue or other, some minor, some severe, but several are restorable to good use. One such pen is an Eagle Pen Company (EPENCO) celluloid with a steel nib. I think it's pretty ugly (though my wife said it reminded her of money, which gave her a positive impression). The celluloid bulges a little at the lever hinge, and the clip is not loose but is bent away from the cap a little. I don't know if it ever had an inner cap, but it doesn't have one now. I had a lightly used sac that I took off of some pen or other that I changed to silicone, so rather than install one of my small stock of good sacks in its normal size range, I installed that. It is a significantly undersized sac for this pen, but it works fine. The steel nib had a really flat-foot on it, so I smoothed that out. Darn if it isn't a great writer! I don't mean good. I started buying my fountain pens from Richard Binder, so I know good. No, this is a great writer. I hate that. It's not supposed to be like that.

mmahany
January 10th, 2014, 05:04 PM
What I’m about to say isn’t meant to be taken rudely. It’s more of an observation than anything.
Yes, it's a silly question....but only because of how it's posed.

“Is there really much of a difference between a $20ish pen and a $100 pen” begs a subjective response. There’s no right or wrong answer because everyone has different taste.
“What are the differences between a $20 pen and a $100 pen” will bring more objective responses. There is a right and wrong answer because, suddenly, you can debate facts.

Everyone else has already said what I’m getting at, and I’m not saying you yourself are silly for asking it, but it’s a question that often gets asked in all aspects of life…..for the wrong reasons.

My girlfriend’s Honda Civic is extremely reliable. My BMW 335i costs more than double to maintain per year. I appreciate what my car has to offer….performance. My girlfriend appreciates what her car has to offer….it gets her from point A to point B.

We all have to remember that we’re on a fountain pen forum. A 10 cent pencil can put words onto paper just as easily as a fountain pen. Furthermore, an email can communicate faster and more efficiently. In the end, we appreciate what fountain pens offer both expensive and inexpensive because we find value in them....it's the same with pretty much every other aspect of our lives.

Jon Szanto
January 10th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I note that just today, Michael McNeil has posted notice of the Second Annual NW Pen Roundup (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5438-The-2nd-Annual-N-W-Pen-Round-Up!-2014).

Dad Of Sapling
January 17th, 2014, 06:27 PM
I received my new fine nib from the Anderson's today. I like it a lot better than the stub that was in there. Also, I stopped by World Lux and Sieberman Brown the other day. I had a great time and they were both very helpful. Gave me a lot to think about. I will be sure to stop back by the next time I am downtown.