PDA

View Full Version : Another Pen Podcast

John the Monkey
April 19th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Brad, of the Pen Addict blog, and Myke from the 70 Decibels network have started "The Pen Addict Podcast".

It's more than *just* fountain pens (as you'll know if you've read Brad's blog), but the hosts are just beginning to discover the joys of FPs - it's been fun to follow their journey from Kaweco Sport to Vanishing Point (so far :) ). In this week's episode, Brad talks about his first pen show too (Atlanta).

Worth a listen;

http://www.70decibels.com/thepenaddict/

writingrav
April 19th, 2012, 04:27 AM
I've been listening since they began. Fascinating how Fountain Pens have crept in and are in a position to "take over." They have a nice way about them.Though their knowledge base is fairly limited,it is definitely expanding.

John the Monkey
April 19th, 2012, 06:53 AM
.... Fascinating how Fountain Pens have crept in and are in a position to "take over." ...

That's a great way to put it, Rav. I expect by episode 20, they'll have a Montblanc each, and be wondering where it all went wrong/right :)

From a personal point of view, they have me eyeing up vanishing points again...

KrazyIvan
April 19th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I have listened to a couple of podcasts and I am glad there are more out there spreading the pen gospel.

The Follows
April 19th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I've been listening to these guys talk pens, pencils, and paper. It's great listening to them speak with knowledge on some topic and explore areas a little less familiar to them. They're fearless. I look forward to their podcasts. A couple guy talking about something they enjoy!

Bogon07
April 19th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I've been listening since they began. Fascinating how Fountain Pens have crept in and are in a position to "take over." They have a nice way about them.Though their knowledge base is fairly limited,it is definitely expanding.

The same seems to be happening with Brad's PenAddict blog, fountain pens are popping up more and more frequently in that too.
Similarly with others like No Pen Intended, fountain pens are appearing more regularly.

dowdyism
April 20th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Thank you John and everyone else for listening! I am a big fan of what Eric and Dan do on the FPGeeks podcast as well. I always knew at some point I would crossover more into fountain pens and that crossover has come on heavy as of late. :)

I still feel like I am in the elementary school level of knowledge but I am trying to learn as much as I can as I go. Hopefully that comes across on the blog and the podcast. Hopefully I will become more of a regular around these parts!

dannzeman
April 21st, 2012, 01:36 PM
Thank you John and everyone else for listening! I am a big fan of what Eric and Dan do on the FPGeeks podcast as well. I always knew at some point I would crossover more into fountain pens and that crossover has come on heavy as of late. :)

I still feel like I am in the elementary school level of knowledge but I am trying to learn as much as I can as I go. Hopefully that comes across on the blog and the podcast. Hopefully I will become more of a regular around these parts!
I hope so to! Eric and I are so focused on fountain pens that it's nice to have someone else cover a good mix of different pens and paper.

manoeuver
April 21st, 2012, 01:42 PM
I hope so to! Eric and I are so focused on fountain pens that it's nice to have someone else cover a good mix of different pens and paper.
there are other types of pens? I mean I've seen bic round stics and gel pens, but I can't imagine they bear much conversation...

John the Monkey
April 21st, 2012, 02:40 PM
... but I can't imagine they bear much conversation...

Depends what you're up to, I guess - I could give you five minutes or so on trying to find a white ink gel roller that actually covers properly (cut to the chase answer - Uni Ball Signo, lovely, opaque line, pretty smooth, and a lot of fun on dark papers).

cerbeos
May 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Brad, of the Pen Addict blog, and Myke from the 70 Decibels network have started "The Pen Addict Podcast".

It's more than *just* fountain pens (as you'll know if you've read Brad's blog), but the hosts are just beginning to discover the joys of FPs - it's been fun to follow their journey from Kaweco Sport to Vanishing Point (so far :) ). In this week's episode, Brad talks about his first pen show too (Atlanta).

Worth a listen;

http://www.70decibels.com/thepenaddict/

Thanks for the link! I need something/someone talking in my ear at work all day or I don't get anything done! Started running out of TWiT/FPGeeks podcasts to listen to!