PDA

View Full Version : Press at Pen Shows

heath
January 7th, 2014, 06:16 AM
I am going to have to show my cards here and say that I've not been to a pen show before. The closest one to me is in Atlanta and I just haven't been able to get free to get to it. I am hoping to make it to at least one show this year and will be going primarily as a pen geek but I also want to try to get some interviews and content for my pen website. Is there any sort of press pass in the world of pens? I've had to get them for other events I have gone to in different worlds mostly so I could get on lists for interviews but it seems in the Pen world that you wouldn't need one. I just want to be sure I don't miss something and then end up wasting an opportunity at any pen show I do end up getting to go to.

Thanks! I know this takes me back to noob status but I thought it worth asking anyway.

Heath
@WeThePPIL

pengeezer
January 7th, 2014, 07:46 AM
I'm no reporter,but I would think that one needs
to be a member of a newspaper or TV station to be able to get a press pass of
some sort.

John

heath
January 7th, 2014, 07:55 AM
I'm no reporter,but I would think that one needs

to be a member of a newspaper or TV station to be able to get a press pass of

some sort.

John

That has not been my experience at all. I've had press passes for other blogs I have run in multiple fields including sports, tech and other conventions.

My question is more about if there are press credentials given or even needed for these shows or are they more just, and no offense here, glorified flea markets where there are just booths of people selling and you would just go booth by booth to discuss things.

pengeezer
January 7th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Well,if you consider tables next to each other
as booths,then you would get the general idea.

John

85AKbN
January 7th, 2014, 09:34 AM
sorry... :jester:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIUeEpTLBvQ

pardon me gentlemen.

you mean us?

yes. are you members of the press?

why uh - i used to be. but i didn't do any pressing. i went through the pockets sort of a dry cleaning.

KrazyIvan
January 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
FPGeeks have done live streams from shows but they did not work out very well. Plenty of pictures and reporting too. I don't think they ever mentioned getting a press pass other than their regular admission. Dan may be able to fill you in. You might be able to ask Eric on twitter. He seems to be checking it a little more often from Puerta Vallarta, Mexico.

dannzeman
January 7th, 2014, 07:57 PM
No need for a press pass. General admission is all you need. Internet is usually nonexistent inside the ballrooms, unless you have a stellar cellular connection. Lobbies usually have wifi, but depending on the location you might have to pay for it.