PDA

View Full Version : A Journal Accountability Thread

heath
January 11th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I'm trying to be more dedicated to my daily journal and am proud to report I've journaled everyday so far this year! I thought I'd start a thread similar to the "Did you correspond today" thread in the InCoWriMo forum where I can come back each day (or every so often) and update on consecutive days journaling or if I have journaled that day. Feel free to join in of you want.

10 Days Journaling! :)

KrazyIvan
January 11th, 2014, 05:11 PM
No issues here with keeping my journal. Wrote a page this morning while drinking some coffee. :)

Sailor Kenshin
January 11th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Hmmm....I did yesterday, but today I've been busy with ink reviews.

Jon Szanto
January 11th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I'm living guilt-free - if I write, I write, if I don't, I don't.

ypsilanti
January 11th, 2014, 07:45 PM

Hooray for guilt-free living!

Tracy Lee
January 11th, 2014, 07:48 PM

I'm right there with you.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ethernautrix
January 12th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Finally a participatory-type thread that I can DO! I write in my notebook every day, whether or not I have anything to say. I took a photo of my current notebook pages last night, to upload to this thread, but uploading photos to the Internet is a daily goal I often fail to meet.

Intending to upload the photo when I'm using my laptop later.

Sailor Kenshin
January 12th, 2014, 08:02 AM

I learned you can post pics from your 'device,' but they are often upside-down. :-/

ethernautrix
January 12th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Since my friends are conversing in Polish, I figured I could finish dabbling on the Internet before taking the dog for a run in this very, very cold but clear day.

Here's the photo I took last night at a local cafe right after I saw this thread (thus the intentional blur):

Sailor Kenshin
January 12th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Nice mix of text, sketching, and color! I love being able to see other people's journal layouts.

inlovewithjournals
January 12th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Much like Jon Szanto I write when I write but as it turns out that's usually every day. I keep track of my progress on a weekly basis on my blog, and that's my accountability. Great idea!

caribbean_skye
January 12th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Lisa - love the mix of text, sketching and colours. What journal are you using?

ethernautrix
January 12th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Hi, CS (I remember meeting you at the Atlanta Pen Show, but - I'm sorry - I've forgotten your name; it's on the tip of my tongue...).

I'm using an Oxford notebook - I'm told that it is a Polish product, but there's an URL on the back: www.my-oxford.com (have to type in the www). It shows a few European countries, including the UK. Ah, the label does say "made in Poland."

The paper is great for fountain pens. It isn't Tomoe River, yeah, but it also cost less than 10 złoty, maybe even closer to 6 złoty (about US $2).

I used a Lamy Joy (EF) with Platinum Carbon Black for the quick drawring (easing back into practice) and vintage Czech colored mechanical pencils for the blue and yellow around a quotation.

pengeezer
January 12th, 2014, 05:55 PM

I'm with you--I have a journal that I write fountain pen happenings in;i.e.,things
that have to do with f/p's. But not every day has to be journaled--I bunch up
issues as they come. I have even listed the inks that I have,dotting them with
the actual ink color.

John

heath
January 12th, 2014, 06:11 PM
12 in a row!

VertOlive
January 12th, 2014, 08:13 PM
I've kept a journal since I was 11, it's a way of clarifying my thoughts. When I stopped for a while, I felt disoriented. Now I keep a new, second journal for a particular project but it's been a little tough keeping them separate; a work in progress. This new one is important to me to do daily so I've made sure it's in my line of sight at bed time. That has helped.

Jon Szanto
January 12th, 2014, 08:19 PM
This reminds me of not journaling:

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1344956601794_143384.png

klpeabody
January 12th, 2014, 08:57 PM
This reminds me of not journaling:

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1344956601794_143384.png

That is a riot. =)
someecards really does have something for everyone. lol.

Kaputnik
January 13th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Making daily entries in my main journal is no problem. It's often my excuse for putting off something that's really more important.

Mr. JW
January 13th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I made a similar New Year's resolution to write in my journal everyday. For the past few years, I've come pretty close, but always seemed to miss a few days here or there. Well, so far, so good. Thirteen in a row and counting.

Sailor Kenshin
January 13th, 2014, 10:27 AM
And of course, I suffer from WayTooManyJournals-itis.

Got my Daily, my pocket Innerweb Tips, my Religious-Spiritual Journey Stuff, an Ink Tester/Reviewer, a Favorite Places list, To-Do Lists, a pocket-sized Blog Ideas, and a new one, just for short memory vignettes.

And I am probably forgetting a few.

caribbean_skye
January 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Hi, CS (I remember meeting you at the Atlanta Pen Show, but - I'm sorry - I've forgotten your name; it's on the tip of my tongue...).

I'm using an Oxford notebook - I'm told that it is a Polish product, but there's an URL on the back: www.my-oxford.com (have to type in the www). It shows a few European countries, including the UK. Ah, the label does say "made in Poland."

<snip>

Thanks for the information. The only things I brought back from Poland were some awesome Polish Pottery. I think I even have złoty around here somewhere. I really like that size and of course the grid pattern.

Yes, we did meet in Atlanta (although I don't live in Georgia anymore) you do have a very good memory.

-Lesley

shudaizi
January 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I have tried journaling many times in the past but never lasted long (a week? two?). Been going strong since early November now. It's not every day, but pretty close. It helped that I had tools I finally enjoyed using -- both pen and notebook. I use a Midori Traveler, which I like because I can have a planner, a research notebook, and a journal all in one fairly compact package; it stays in my briefcase so I always have it handy and write in it many times a day. Makes it effortless to journal and I'm finally able to have some sustainable inertia to keep going.

heath
January 16th, 2014, 09:39 AM
15 days! 16 when I do tonights. I had to swap to another journal last night as well.

ethernautrix
January 16th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Maybe there should be an upload-a-photo-per-day accountability thread -- that I could fail.

At least I'm still writing in my notebook every day. (But that's not new.)

Sailor Kenshin
January 16th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Been keeping up. Did a half-page in the Daily, and a page in Memory, though I wish I'd picked a better notebook for it.

klpeabody
January 16th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Maybe there should be an upload-a-photo-per-day accountability thread -- that I could fail.

At least I'm still writing in my notebook every day. (But that's not new.)

Hey, Lisa! I'm right there with you.
:D