PDA

View Full Version : Nussbaum Pen Co. Nicholas Series - Black Veined

Sun Anvil
January 11th, 2014, 06:33 PM
I have bought from Todd of isellpens in the past for Hero pens but this is the first pen I have purchased from his brand. The speed of delivery was great especially since it was just after Christmas and there was even a hand written Thanks on the packing list.

The Pen - I am a sucker for this style / color of pen and when I saw it on isellpens web site I knew I had to have it. The pen has a high gloss and silver bands which work well with the ivory and black colors of the material. In one of the pictures below you will see a small area almost under the clip that looks honey combed which is in the plastic itself. You can't see it from the inside of the cap and it's not something I saw right away. If you rub your finger over it there is no rough feel and is the only "defect" that I can find with the pen. I typically don't write with the pen posted but tried it and it felt only a little off balance. As stated, I don't write posted so no issue for me. The pen is 140 mm (5.5") long capped and 170 mm (6.75") posted. Just the body / nib is 110.5 mm (4.625") long.

The Nib - Is an Iridium Point German medium nib. Medium is my typical choice other than stub so no issues there. The writing example attached to this post is on normal notebook paper (all I had) and the nib moved across the paper with no issues, snags or dry feel. So far, a smooth writer.

Overall, the pen was $43 shipped and I feel money well spent

Cookies
January 11th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Is the nib removable by any chance? I love Todd's customer service and would like to purchase one of his pens, but medium is not my preference. If they were swappable with another nib I would definitely love one with the Black Cherry or Cracked Ice finishes.

Sun Anvil
January 12th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Is the nib removable by any chance? I love Todd's customer service and would like to purchase one of his pens, but medium is not my preference. If they were swappable with another nib I would definitely love one with the Black Cherry or Cracked Ice finishes.

Not sure as I haven't investigated that. I would probably contact Todd and ask. Sorry.

KrazyIvan
January 12th, 2014, 08:22 AM

I don't know about this model, but the Jon Ross Jr. pen used a #5 nib that was friction fit. I bought a #5 nib off Shawn Newton and liked the results a lot.

I agree, I reviewed the Jon Ross and it is a #5. Edison has #5 nibs...