PDA

View Full Version : Feathered Parker Beauties for your Consideration

mastersmith
January 13th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I have restored this group of Parker Pens and would appreciate you taking them into consideration. I bought these pens to restore and sell, and I will try to be as thorough as possible in my description of them.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag16/mastersmith043/image20_zps00caa6f7.jpeg (http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/mastersmith043/media/image20_zps00caa6f7.jpeg.html)
From left to right:

1.) I have a 1st generation, 1933 Parker Vacumatic with a lockdown filler.
The barrel imprint is weak, but the fact that the barrel is completely opaque, not heavily ambered, and the barrel is a single piece leads me to this dating.
The pen has 3 cap bands and the early plain arrow clip and is silver pearled (somewhat ambered) with matching section and barrel jewel.
The plastic shows some interesting variation in the celluloid towards the end on the barrel; the lines are much more wavy. There is, however, no distortion at all and the pen is in great shape.
It has a very nice slightly flexie fine two-tone nib.
Other than very minor scratches and a barrel engraving that is fairly faint, the pen is in very good shape.
The pen measures 5 1/16 inches long and approximately .5 inches in diameter.
It has been restored and thoroughly cleaned.
This pen is $200 LOWERED TO $175

2.) Has been withdrawn (Unless someone wants to make an offer...). Burgundy pearl Vacumatic lockdown filler with a wet broad nib. The imprint has some wear, with no date code and the cap bands are missing (I like the way it looks a lot) but otherwise the pen is in great shape. The pen measures 5 1/16 inches in length and .5 inches in diameter.

3.) 1941 3rd Quarter Parker Vacumatic in Azure Blue Pearl. It has an clear, but slightly ambered barrel and a fine/ extra fine arrow accountants nib and feed.
The pen has almost no cosmetic flaws other than microsratches. The barrel imprint is very crisp and there is no tarnishing or brassing.
The only issue is that it has a replacement filler so the blind cap does not fit exactly right, but is not extremely noticeable.
The pen measures 5 1/16 inches long and approximately 7/16 inches in diameter. It's really a great pen, but I am in need of money so it has to go..
This pen is $140

4.) 1948 1st Quarter Parker Vacumatic in Silver Pearl. The barrel is well-ambered, but it is still transparent and has a fine arrow nib.
The clip is the plain split arrow clip, and all of the trim is silver. It has a plastic filler. The pen measures 5 1/16 inches long and approximately 7/16 inches in diameter. The pen has no major scratches and is in very good shape.
This pen is $125

5.)1948 2nd Quarter Parker Vacumatic in Silver Pearl. The barrel shows almost no ambering whatsoever, has a fine arrow nib marked .8.
The clip is the plain split arrow clip, and all of the trim is silver. It has a plastic filler.
The celluloid itself is extremely interesting in that the bands of plastic are not perfectly horizontal, but are inclined at an angle, which when put next to a regular patterned one is strikingly attractive.
The pen has no major scratches and is in very good shape. The pen measures 5 1/16 inches long and approximately 7/16 inches in diameter.
This pen is $130 SOLD

6.) 1941 Striped Duofold in green/gold. The nib is a smooth fine duofold nib, and the barrel is rather heavily ambered. There are some teeth marks on the blind cap, a few scratches on the cap, and there is brassing on the clip and cap band, but otherwise is is in good shape. I like the pen, but as I have too many, I can afford to be picky. This pen is the medium size.
This pen is $65

7.) A Parker "51" Vacumatic with a fine/medium nib in India Black and a Lustraloy cap with a black jewel. There is no date code on the pen, but if I remember correctly the nib was an 8 or 9 date code- don't hold me to that. The lustraloy cap shows signs of normal wear, but other than many small scratches, there are no dings or deep scratches. The pen measures 5 6/16 inches long and a little less than half an inch in diameter. daily user pen!
This pen is $75 SOLD

8.) A Parker "51" Aerometric Mark Ia with a medium nib in India Black. There is no date code on the pen.The lustraloy cap shows signs of normal wear, but other than many small scratches, there are no dings or deep scratches and the frosting is still intact. The pen itself has several scratches, but is in solid condition. The pen measures 5 6/16 inches long and a slightly less than half an inch in diameter.
This pen is $75 SOLD

9.) A Parker "51" Aerometric Pen and pencil set in black.
The pen has been given a thorough working over and is in great shape. The only issue with it is that there is a tiny bit chipped off of the end of the hood that doesn't interfere with the function of the pen in any way. The lustraloy cap has no dings whatsoever and no major scratches, only those that would be gained from normal use. The body of the pen is in the same great shape as the cap. The date code is faint, but reads .9. The nib has a 1948 date code and is a nice fine/medium.
The pencil is in slightly more well-used condition but is otherwise in good condition. Having owned only one other "51"pencil I can't testify too much to it's workings, but I can say that it does feed lead through the mechanism which is the cap-activated type. It has a 1948 date code. There is a tube of original Parker leads included.
The box itself is beautiful gold and leather. It is in the shape you would expect one to be after over 60 years, but it is still solid. The gold plating is worn in places, but otherwise it's in fair shape.
The price for this set will be $145. REDUCED

I will accept returns within a week of receiving the pens, with the buyer paying return shipping.
There is a one year workmanship warranty on the pens. If there are any issues with my workmanship- such as the Vacumatic diaphragm, I will fix it. This does not include problems from user error such as bad pen hygiene, the buyer disassembling the pen, issues with the mechanics or materials of the pen, the buyer dropping the pen, user error or any other issue by my own discretion.

US buyers pay $5.80 USPS Flat Rate shipping + insurance if so desired, rest of the world, PM for shipping quote.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions, comments, and keep in mind, I'm open to offers!
First "I'll take it" gets the pen, regardless of other conversations.
Will

jfsisler
January 14th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Would you accept $150 for the burgundy pen? If not, have you sold #3 yet? I'd have to wait until the 24th (payday) but I've wanted a vintage Parker for a while now and your pens are gorgeous!

mastersmith
January 15th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Yes, as of now #3 is still available. I will send a PM so we can work out details.

mastersmith
January 20th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Bit of a Monday bump!

mastersmith
January 22nd, 2014, 01:24 PM
#5 and #7 Are now sold!!!

mastersmith
January 23rd, 2014, 09:49 PM
Price adjustment for #1 and #9!!

mastersmith
January 29th, 2014, 08:38 AM
# 8 is SOLD!

mastersmith
February 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
#6 IS SOLD AND #3 IS WITHDRWAN.
There are only a few remaining and I'll make a deal on those that are left... Just let me know!