PDA

View Full Version : inks inside included cartridges

MechanicalAnalogy
January 13th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I just received my Nemosine Singularity from Paramount Goods LLC, via Amazon. I decided to give the cartridges a try instead of my Noodler's Bulletproof Black. And, ohmygosh, it writes so much smoother.

I am still very new to fountain pens, so I can't tell if it's the nib or the ink. And I don't want to clean out the ink to try the Noodler's until the cartridge runs dry (which should be soon).

Anyway, is there a known way to track down the ink in a "free" cartridge? I'd assumed it wouldn't be anything of merit, but now, I'm dying to know.

Cheers!

Jeph
January 14th, 2014, 03:35 AM
I don't know about the source of the carts but it could just be that you got a pen with a sweet nib.

All the carts that I have tried were pretty dry relative to Diamine or Quink. Wetness does add smoothness, but I have not had an ink change the character of a pen for me yet. Nor have I had any pen perform better with cartridges than it does with bottled ink.

I have noticed that Noodler's blacks tend to run slightly dry for me though.

KrazyIvan
January 14th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I have found that the Monteverde pens come with some nice black cartridges. It is probably my favorite black next to J. Herbin Perle Noire.

RudyR
January 15th, 2014, 10:07 PM
You have an excellent fusion of ink and pen. It makes you happy. Live with it for a while. If all you want is black ink, then it seems that the cartridges are a very good buy. There are probably other inks that will be able to replicate the qualities that you like in this ink. The cartridges appear to be international size cartridges so you can get many other brands to try.

But right now, it seems you are happy with what you got. Maybe the people at Paramount can give you a lead on where you can get a bottle of the stuff.

MechanicalAnalogy
January 20th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Well, I contacted the company via the Amazon email system and no reply. I just emailed them at their xfountainpens email address. I'm hoping they will at least let me know where I can get more cartridges, if not a bottle.

Cheers

KrazyIvan
January 20th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Xfountainpens sells Chesterfield inks which are thought te be rebadged Diamine inks.

SteveE
January 20th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I'd tend to agree with Ivan on this one. I have purchased pens, parts and ink from xfountainpens, and I'm almost certain their inks are produced by Diamine. You could simply buy a package of their Chesterfield cartridges (if you want to use cartridges) or a bottle of their Chesterfield black ink and see.

I have been using their Chesterfield Sapphire (blue) and Night Sapphire (sort of blue-black) ink for almost a year. I find the blue to be simply delightful in any pen I've filled with it, but the Night Sapphire tends to dry out part way through the fill. I only mention this to say that whichever way you go, your actual results may not be the same unless you get the same cartridge ink again. They could tell you what is packed with the pen, though. (I'm pretty sure the pens are made overseas and partly assembled and packed in the USA.)

Cookies
January 20th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Xfountainpens sells Chesterfield inks which are thought te be rebadged Diamine inks.

Not just thought to be. They are definitely rebranded Diamine inks. And their Architekt [sic] are rebranded De Atramentis inks.
As for the cartridges, you can purchase them here (http://www.xfountainpens.com/Ink-Cartridges-s/28.htm).

MechanicalAnalogy
January 21st, 2014, 04:30 AM
I wrote to the email on the xfountainpens website [hello@xfountainpens.com] and got a quick reply...

= = = = = = = = =
Debra (xFountainPens.com Customer Support Portal)
Jan 20 10:20 AM

Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for your message! Nemosine cartridges and ink are not sold separately at this time, but please feel free to view the other ink we carry, it will be compatible with your pen: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A3B94LN4HU9F7O

Best,

Debra
= = = = = = = = =

That is not the same link Cookies provides above. However, I specified that I had purchased the pen from Amazon. So, they probably assumed I would prefer to buy that way again.

Soooo, now I, I guess, I need to figure out what inks Nemosine packages with their pens? Or am I missing the point you all are trying to make and it's really Diamine? Oi, I feel like I felt when I first started troubleshooting my own home-made computers, all those years ago.

As always, thanks for the help.

SteveE
January 21st, 2014, 07:24 AM
They seem to imply that Nemosine carts are not the same as Chesterfield when they say that Nemosine carts are not sold separately - as Chesterfield carts certainly are sold separately. Who knows? Maybe try the Chesterfield? Ink is not magic. It is, as the late Frank Dubiel constantly reminded us, fancy colored water. Maybe another common brand will work as well as the Nemosine.

Sailor Kenshin
January 21st, 2014, 07:44 AM
Take a chance on the Chesterfield carts. So far, with the exception of Night Sapphire (see Steve's above, and even though it's true I LOVE the NS color)....all the Chesterfield/Diamine inks have been wonderfully well-behaved.

RudyR
January 21st, 2014, 10:57 AM
If they don't want to give you what you want, don't fight it. Take it from someone who will. Look around and you'll find something that will either be as good or better than what you had. It's all in the journey anyway.

Cookies
January 21st, 2014, 11:42 AM
I wrote to the email on the xfountainpens website [hello@xfountainpens.com] and got a quick reply...

= = = = = = = = =
Debra (xFountainPens.com Customer Support Portal)
Jan 20 10:20 AM

Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for your message! Nemosine cartridges and ink are not sold separately at this time, but please feel free to view the other ink we carry, it will be compatible with your pen: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A3B94LN4HU9F7O

Best,

Debra
= = = = = = = = =

That is not the same link Cookies provides above. However, I specified that I had purchased the pen from Amazon. So, they probably assumed I would prefer to buy that way again.

Soooo, now I, I guess, I need to figure out what inks Nemosine packages with their pens? Or am I missing the point you all are trying to make and it's really Diamine? Oi, I feel like I felt when I first started troubleshooting my own home-made computers, all those years ago.

As always, thanks for the help.

That's unfortunate. I'm almost positive the cartridges I received with my Nemosine are the ones at the top of the cartridge (http://www.xfountainpens.com/Ink-Cartridges-s/28.htm) page. I remember seeing the "made in Slovenia" on the box and wondering if they were Skrip. Unfortunately I think I PIF'd them since I don't often use cartridges. Maybe it's different if you order from the xfountainpens website v. Amazon.

If you're looking for a nice smooth black in cartridges give J. Herbin Perle Noire a go. I haven't tried any of the Diamine blacks but I assume they're as nice as the two dozen or so other colors I've tried from them.

MechanicalAnalogy
January 22nd, 2014, 04:59 AM
All of your help is greatly appreciated. I am planning on spending most of my budget on notebooks & stationary, as they have become...precious...to me.

So, I was hoping to not have to dive into the inks, in order to be happy with that aspect. To be fair, the Noodler's Bulletproof Black has been behaving well, in the Nemosine Singularity. So, maybe it really is just a sweet nib. :)

I will give Chesterfield a try and probably Diamine, in time. I'm curious if they really are the same.

If I do happen to find out what ink this is/was, I'll update this post. But, for now, I'm going to enjoy my pens and start compiling addresses for InCoWriMo.

Cheers!