PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Austria

BizDevCon
January 14th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I have been lurking for some time and decided to join. I am an Austrian living in Vienna and very attached to my Apple devices -- the digital yin in my life. My analog yang is that I need/want analog tools with me: an automatic wrist-watch and pen & paper. I use Field Notes and Moleskine. My Moleskine notebook is always with me and I religiously take all my meeting notes (including virtual ones like Skype) writing with one of my fountain pens.

I collect, love, and use various pens:

1) Montegrappa is simply the best fountain pen for me
2) Pelikan M200 fountain pens: I love them on a daily basis and use them in my home office (black & 2x highlighter)
3) Mont Blanc in general

I recently added my first (of many more to come!) Kaweco AC Sport fountain pen to my collection. I am awaiting a Michael's Fatboy coming in soon by USPS. I am lusting after several pens including Visconti, Alfred Dunhill, and Conway Stewart.

I am not so much into various inks but I already use the Pelikan 4001 (my favourite), Edelstein Sapphire, and Kaweco cartridges. I use blue only. I usually throw away cartridges in other colours.

I have been in and out of several forums and I really hope to stay a bit longer.

Uncle Bud
January 14th, 2014, 02:27 PM
:welcome: and enjoy the madness.

KrazyIvan
January 14th, 2014, 02:49 PM
:welcome: to the Dark Side. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdns81e34Z1qensiro1_500.gif

Jeph
January 14th, 2014, 03:04 PM
:welcome:

Jon Szanto
January 14th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Hello BizDevCon,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

Tangster
January 14th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the forums and nice pens!

cwent2
January 14th, 2014, 06:02 PM
:welcome:

caribbean_skye
January 14th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Welcome und Wilkommen.

VertOlive
January 14th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Welcome to you and your pens!

Mags
January 15th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Welcome to the discussions and you have targeted some nice pen makers to select your building blocks of your collection. I look forward to viewing more pictures and reading your posts in 2014.

inlovewithjournals
January 15th, 2014, 09:59 AM
:welcome: from Canada