PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Seattle urban fringe

rdcalhoon
January 14th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I am early in my fountain pen journey. The planning and recordkeeping for our farm is complex, but the front end is a pocket notebook and pocket of fountain pens that I carry every day all day long without fail.

My handwriting will never earn a prize, but that's ok with me. I just aspire to making it legible all the time. My perspective on what I want from a fountain pen may be a little different from many here, but I find it shifting and expanding as I learn more.

I have a pile of Preppies and Hero 616's plus a Lamy Vista and a FPR Dilli. I opted for decent "starter" pens so I could have a bunch on hand. I am totally into ink right now. My science training says restrict the variables, so the idea is that to compare inks, you should have them in basically the same pen. I have a lot of other pens on my wish list but right now I would rather squeeze all the enjoyment out of the pens I have.

I have my fountain pen opinions, but I'm looking forward to having them tested here and having my horizons expanded.

MisterBoll
January 14th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Welcome! There is nothing more expansive (to your collection of pens and ink) than to read and post in this delightful place.

Jon Szanto
January 14th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Hello RDCalhoon,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

Tangster
January 14th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your inks!

cwent2
January 14th, 2014, 05:58 PM
:welcome:

caribbean_skye
January 14th, 2014, 06:38 PM
welcome welcome

VertOlive
January 14th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Ink, yes! Welcome!

DrChumley
January 14th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Howdy from the Seattle Suburban Fringe! (Renton). Welcome to the group.

Jeph
January 15th, 2014, 01:39 AM

rdcalhoon
January 15th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes.

sixmr
January 15th, 2014, 04:32 PM
The only right way to do it is the way that brings you the most enjoyment. Welcome to the madness.

heath
January 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM