PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a bum bottle of ink?

writingrav
January 14th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Some months ago, head over heels for Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, I bought a second bottle to keep at the office lest I ever run out. The color of the ink in the second bottle looks nothing like the first it was obviously mislabeled. What to do?

cwent2
January 14th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Where did you buy it from? Contact them or you could contact the dist for Noodlers ink DICK@luxurybrandsusa.com explain the situation I am sure he will make it right for you - very customer centered.

Cookies
January 14th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I'd send the bottle back to the retailer. I've had bum bottles of Noodler's (they seem to have poor QC between batches) and one bottle of J. Herbin with SITB and have always sent an e-mail the the store I purchased from. Every time I've received compensation or a new bottle in return.

caribbean_skye
January 14th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I got an ink sample of that same ink recently and it looks nothing like swabs or writing samples I've seen online. Because I've never had this ink before I thought that maybe it was just me. Since reading your message, I wonder if we got the ink from the same company and thus having a similar issue.

rdcalhoon
January 14th, 2014, 06:42 PM
My Noodler's sample seemed much bluer and brighter than what I saw online. I noticed that it also tended to run brighter on startup and got darker as I wrote. Clearly there is some settling going on. I wonder if the person who decanted the sample shook the stock bottle well.

RudyR
January 15th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Your going to run into this problem time and again with Noodlers ink. I bought some Bad Blue Heron after seeing a review of the ink. I received a bottle of sickly toothache green slightly blue ink that I cant stand to look at. His formulas appear to change with the availability of the ingredients at the time. Just another reason I don't buy Noodlers anymore.