PDA

View Full Version : Any Gatherings in Western Canada?

inlovewithjournals
January 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Just wondering if there are any clubs/shows/gatherings coming up in Western Canada this year. I've perused this forum and seen some info for Toronto gatherings but nothing west of that. Would love to attend if there is anything. Thanks.

Mags
January 16th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Vancouver has an active fountain pen monthly gathering. Try Vancouver Pen Club I think. Toronto has a meeting again this Saturday I believe.

Video11
January 18th, 2014, 03:46 AM
How about the Calgary Pen Club (http://calgarypenclub.wordpress.com/)?

Looks like you just missed the January meeting though.

Regards,

Rick

inlovewithjournals
January 21st, 2014, 03:22 PM
You know video11 I found the blog for the Calgary Pen Club and hadn't seen any new posts so assumed it was no longer active. Thanks for the heads up! I will be contacting them.

Thanks Mags for the Vancouver Pen Club - if only! :)

Mags
January 21st, 2014, 05:51 PM
There is ken Cavers from Winnipeg who builds pens. Have you tried contacting GourmetPens by PM she is a former Wpg resident and I thought Jetpens may be a MB pen seller with ideas to share on Wpg and area meetings. As for Alberta I have heard of nothing. When I lived in Regina and Saskatoon I would say I met people like me who used a nicer fountain pen but I had not heard of a club. There was someone who was living in Saskatchewan near Davidson maybe who was on FPN and interested in discussing pens. Best I can do to help you out.

inlovewithjournals
January 28th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks Mags I will do some research. I don't think JetPens is Canadian based because I subscribe to their newsletter and when they have giveaways they are only open to US residents. :)

Mags
January 28th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Whoops ....confused by Wpg Jets maybe on my part 😁

Mags
October 28th, 2017, 11:15 AM
I am going to organize another Pens and Pints now that I have moved back to Saskatchewan. I enjoyed the super pen community in Toronto and will miss the Friday fellowship and annual Scriptus and such. But I am sure 3-10 new pen folks will figure out how to meet in Regina and Saskatoon this year. We did a fun Pens and Pints in June in Regina and I advertised interest in getting one underway again on the FPN. So here is a poll if you are in the Regina area.... would you prefer Pens and Pints to be on Nov 24, or Dec 1, 2017. Of course we can all spontaneously head to Paper Umbrella on Nov 3rd for Fountain Pen Day. Anyhow message me back or drop me an email rwj.maguire@gmail.com to let me know if you want to meet up and chat about FPGeek sort of stuff. Pub or coffee shop preferences and locations also welcome....

Mags
October 31st, 2017, 08:34 AM
Not too much activity or interest is noted.

Mags sent from my blackberry playbook using tapatalks

Mags
November 25th, 2017, 06:09 AM
In the absence of interest here I may just switch over and leverage the contacts and outreach via Facebook for the 2-3 people maybe interested in a get together in Regina.