PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Vancouver, Canada! :)

sherrylu
January 15th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Hi! My name is Sherry and I live in the suburbs of Vancouver, Canada. I started pointed pen calligraphy in the fall of 2013 and got hooked. That, in turn, led me to find out the goodness that is fountain pens! I'm still very new, but I am really enjoying the abundance of resources available on the internet. I'm also looking forward to participating in my first InCoWriMo this year! :D Pens ready, stationery ready- bring it on!

PS. Will my hands ever be ink-free again?? ;D

cwent2
January 15th, 2014, 07:01 PM
:welcome:to the Forum and the obsessio..... er Hobby - yeah the Hobby that's what I ment to say

PS. Will my hands ever be ink-free again?? ;D

Most likely --- No.

Woody
January 15th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Hi from Melfort, Saskatchewan Canada. Enjoy the journey.

VertOlive
January 15th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Welcome Sherrylu! At the moment, my fingers are Rouge Hematite...

I like mango pudding
January 15th, 2014, 08:37 PM
hey there.

check out the Vancouver Pen Club. We are meeting tomorrow. (Thursday the 16th). Google Vancouver Pen Club, and you'll find the blogsite site for this.

welcome, from a fellow Vancouverite.

orfew
January 15th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Welcome. You are lucky to have the Vancouver Pen Shop- a really nice place to try and purchase pens.

Jon Szanto
January 15th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Hello Sherry,

Well, you are lucky to have both an active pen club AND shop in your city. Then again, Vancouver had me at... Vancouver.

Anyway, welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

Jeph
January 16th, 2014, 04:21 AM
:welcome:

KrazyIvan
January 16th, 2014, 09:33 AM
:welcome: to the Dark Side. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdns81e34Z1qensiro1_500.gif

heath
January 16th, 2014, 09:45 AM

inlovewithjournals
January 16th, 2014, 10:30 AM
:welcome: from Calgary! I am jealous of your pen club. I am also doing my fist InCoWriMo this year and I will be writing to you. :)

Uncle Bud
January 16th, 2014, 12:49 PM

Mags
January 16th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Welcome from Ajax, Ontario.

Tangster
January 17th, 2014, 03:55 AM
Welcome to FPG!

*No, your fingers are permanently stained. Better get used to it. :)

drgoretex
January 19th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the madness!

And say hello to my hometown (born in Vancouver. Grew up in Steveston, miss it all the time).

Ken

sherrylu
February 15th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Oh man. I'm awful at checking replies. THANKS everyone! :) I'm on track for InCoWriMo! I've written at LEAST one piece of correspondence per day so far (I got over zealous and accumulated 40 addresses to write to).

I need to get myself to a Pen Club meeting, and to the store! :D:D

I like mango pudding
February 15th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Well, your timing is just right. Next Thursday (feb 20) is the next meeting. hope to see you there.

sherrylu
February 15th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Well, your timing is just right. Next Thursday (feb 20) is the next meeting. hope to see you there.

Alas. I'll be out of town! Is there a date for the March meeting?

I like mango pudding
February 15th, 2014, 11:49 PM
it's held on the 3rd Thursday of each month, so it's quite predictable.

sherrylu
February 16th, 2014, 11:12 AM
it's held on the 3rd Thursday of each month, so it's quite predictable.

Ah, awesome! Thanks!!

Dad Of Sapling
February 16th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Welcome from a neighbor from the South (Seattle). Congrats on keeping up with InCo.

chojo
February 18th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Hi sherrylu, awful at checking replies - you and me both. I've just started learning calligraphy myself and must admit it's made my admiration for the professionals even deeper it's not easy. Inky fingers are fine until your snowy white dog comes for a cuddle and you realise just how many colours of ink you've handled today!