PDA

View Full Version : [SOLD] Franklin-Christoph Penvelope Six

eriquito
April 21st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Very gently used (hardly used, really) Franklin-Christoph six pen Penvelope.

Boot black leather exterior with rust red interior as seen at the Franklin-Christoph website (http://www.franklin-christoph.com/penvelope-six.html).

6" wide, 7" tall, 1.25" thick. Loops are 0.75" wide.

Fits pens up to 0.75" thick and 7" tall.

I've moved my pens to the Franklin-Christoph 20-pen zippered case. If I keep this Penvelope around, I'll only fill it!

$35 via PayPal includes shipping within the continental United States.

361 362

dannzeman
April 21st, 2012, 08:08 PM
This one is coming to my house. Sorry everyone, but I can't pass this up.

JustDaveyB
April 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
I love Franklin-Christoph pen cases - I have a Penvelope Six in boot leather than it scuffing very nicely travelling in my work bag each day, this also set the limit of pens in rotation at one time.

I bought each of a 20 pen and 40 pen Zipped Case, liked them so much I bought another one of each!

So room for 126 pens, I own 56 - so only another 70 to buy to fill them all :)

Tracy Lee
April 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM
So room for 126 pens, I own 56 - so only another 70 to buy to fill them all :)

Greatest philosophy I have heard in a long time!!

JustDaveyB
April 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Greatest philosophy I have heard in a long time!!

Yes it is the type of philosophy that gets my wife talking about divorce lawyers. I don't buy cheap fountain pens these days so 70 pens is likely to be upwards of $25K of expenditure...

Tracy Lee
April 24th, 2012, 06:40 PM
You and I are in the same boat, then, as I am working in the high end of things myself. Law school hasn't helped me any when my IT geek husband just shakes his head. :) He may be starting to understand that I cannot help myself. I spent thousands last year on only half a dozen Visconti's, watching for sales when I could. He blinks a lot, and seems to spend more to time online with his buddies playing first person shooters. Hmmm, I wonder. . . ;):p:p

JustDaveyB
April 25th, 2012, 01:30 AM
You and I are in the same boat, then, as I am working in the high end of things myself. Law school hasn't helped me any when my IT geek husband just shakes his head. :) He may be starting to understand that I cannot help myself. I spent thousands last year on only half a dozen Visconti's, watching for sales when I could. He blinks a lot, and seems to spend more to time online with his buddies playing first person shooters. Hmmm, I wonder. . . ;):p:p

I so sympathise.
Funnily enough I am an IT Geek that has grown past FPS. I actually got into fountain pens as a counter to the increasing 'virtualisation' of my day job - I have co-workers that can go weeks without using a biro.
I am very keen on a Visconti Homo Sapien but have too many Pelikans above it on the want list.

Tracy Lee
April 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
The Homo Sapien is an amazing pen, it has been one I truly am pleased I purchased. I really enjoy my Divina, too.

Truppi327
April 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Do not be limited to just 6 pens with the Penvelope! There is plenty of room in there for more if you put your mind to it.

In my slots I have:
Edison Nouveau Premiere Cappuccino Swirl
Edison Nouveau Premiere LE Blue/Black Ebonite
Lamy 2000
TWSBI 540
TWSBI 530
Pilot VP Matte Black

Then in front of the slots I have 3 skinny pens, nestled between the slotted pens, clips facing in.
An Esterbrook LJ, an SJ, and a Montblanc 32.

That makes 9 in the P6. But wait, there's more!

Slipped down on the side is my tiny little Stipula Passaporto FPN LE.

That makes 10 pens in a 6 pen case, I definitely got my money's worth.

This doesn't make the case bulky or overstuffed. The 4 additional pens all feel secure and safe and I bet I could stick another Esty and another Passaporto sized pen in there if I needed too.