PDA

View Full Version : Turquoise

ukpenman
January 17th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Could anyone recommend a good turquoise ink?

reprieve
January 17th, 2014, 04:50 PM
There are so many! Diamine Turquoise is one of my very favorites. Herbin Bleu Pervenche is lovely and bright. Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise. Iroshizuku Ama-iro. Sailor Sky High has beautiful sheen and shading. Noodler's Turquoise is a lovely dark bluish greenish turquoise.

Jon Szanto
January 17th, 2014, 05:15 PM
At a recent pen gathering I happened to correctly answer a question for the group, and promptly won a bottle of Parker Quink Turquoise. I'm surprised by how nice an ink it is, and certainly worthy of being included in the choices.

Cookies
January 17th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Diamine Marine is my favorite turquoise. It leans a bit green and has beautiful shading in my cursive italics. Kaweco turquoise is gorgeous, pricey in the bottle, but available in cartridges as well. Lamy, Pelikan and Sheaffer turquoise are affordable true turquoises worth a look as well.

onepuff
January 17th, 2014, 08:14 PM
The Pelikan Turquoise is vibrant and shades nicely in the right pen (such as my Pelikan 400 with straight medium nib). The ink itself is moderately dry so does best in a pen with good flow.

ac12
January 17th, 2014, 09:26 PM
I use Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise.
It reminds me of the old Peacock Blue.

However, the color depends on your pen. I have had it come out nice turquoise with no shading from one pen and a DARK turquoise/teal with shading from another pen.

DrChumley
January 17th, 2014, 10:07 PM
My personal favorite turquoise is Mont Blanc Dandy Turquoise, but it's a limited edition, and won't be available for much longer, so if you can find it, that's the one I love.

inlovewithjournals
January 17th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I agree with reprieve - I use J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche regularly in my Turquoise Monteverde Prima. Lovely.

ukpenman
January 21st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your reply Matt.....and keep up the great work on The Pen Habit.
I've enjoyed your videos immensely!!