PDA

View Full Version : Parker 45 Replacement Feed

Brocktoon
January 17th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know a source to replace the actual plastic feed connected to the nib of the Parker 45? I got one which was damaged unfortunately. Would like to put it back in service. It's not a special gold nib or anything so I think it's rather common and not worth much of an investment.

Thank you.

Matt

ac12
January 17th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Look for someone selling a nib unit on eBay.
But don't pay too much, because at a certain point it will be cheaper to buy an entire P45 and scavenge the part.

welch
January 17th, 2014, 10:21 PM
A steel P45 nib unit ought to sell for $10 - $15. If someone's charging much more, then the nib ought to have a pen attached (or, maybe be gold)

Brocktoon
January 18th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Sounds good. Thanks.

Runnin_Ute
February 6th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Five Star Pens has them in original packaging for about $12.

Brocktoon
February 6th, 2014, 09:14 PM
So a loupe can be a cruel instrument. It turns out the barrel is cracked (lower part by nib). So now I effectively have two useless pens. I need two lower barrel sections (black) and a feed to get two useful pens. I'm hoping I might find something but hadn't seen the right parts on the famous auction site. I didn't see the barrels on Five Star otherwise I'd go there for the whole shooting match.

Jeph
February 7th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Just be patient and you should be able to nab an entire pen for not much more than a nib unit or barrel if you find one much less both. There is a place in England with spare nib units but shipping alone would cost more than an average 45 at auction. Usually. I did see a 45 go for over 40 euros in Germany and it was nothing special. Just another day of insane bidders. There are LOTS of them out there so simply give one of them time to find you.