PDA

View Full Version : Poo Poo Elephant Paper--FP Friendly?

VertOlive
January 20th, 2014, 08:33 AM
I ran across this at an elegant shop called europeanpaper.com They have some very nice stationery, but this one is a curiosity. I wonder if it is FP Friendly? Certainly it is elephant friendly...the brand name is "PooPoo".

http://europeanpaper.com/product/stationery/poo-poo-paper-stationery-sets-ppp197/?oid=728

:rolleyes:

Tracy Lee
January 20th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I have a small pad here at home and it's thick and fuzzy and feathers. But there may be some variations?

milkb0at
January 20th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I've got some elephant dung paper (not sure if it's the same stuff as in the link). It's bumpy, scratchy and pretty horrible to write on with a fountain pen. A biro might be able to beat it into submission but I haven't bothered to try.

reprieve
January 20th, 2014, 04:08 PM
I haven't tried it, so I could be very wrong, but it looks like the sort of colorful, pretty handmade paper that gives all fountain pens everywhere nightmares. Fibrous, nib-clogging nightmares.

VertOlive
January 20th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Their customer service replied that the texture is definitely not ideal for fountain pens. Best as a gift to environmentally tuned, ballpoint using friends who'd like to help the elephants and their people.

Further investigation also revealed Roo Poo paper is an alternate choice. I suppose kangaroos can process a respectable amount of plant fiber as well...