PDA

View Full Version : Some of my Parker 25's

Spikey Mike
January 20th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Some of the Parker 25's I have picked up over the last couple of months ... I have one P25 on which the nib is outstanding and which is used as my "everyday" pen over much more expensive pens.

whych
January 20th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Until you start collecting them, you don't realise all the variations there are.

subramaniyam
January 20th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I have one too... absolutely love it.

RobbS
February 7th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I have one, with a Sonnet 18k nib, and it is a very sensational writer.

Bogon07
February 7th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks, this is the first time I've seen or heard of a Parker 25. Such a unique looking shape.

kaisnowbird
February 8th, 2014, 10:42 PM
The shape is quirky, reminds me of the Franklin-Christoph No.2.

Mags
February 9th, 2014, 05:22 AM
It reminds me of a recent pen I purchased from SpeerBob off EBay called a Pilot TOW.

Spikey Mike
February 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Until you start collecting them, you don't realise all the variations there are.

The Parker 25 is one of the easier ones to collect as there aren't too many variations compared to say the Parker 75 ...

klpeabody
February 10th, 2014, 04:36 PM
A lovely collection. I really like the look of the Parker 25.

klpeabody
February 10th, 2014, 04:39 PM
It reminds me of a recent pen I purchased from SpeerBob off EBay called a Pilot TOW.

How is that pen, by the way? I'm curious about it.
Thanks!

Tsuki yo
March 24th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I picked up a 25 yesterday at a flea market, it didn't have a converter, does the modern Parker converter fit this pen? I can't wait to try mine out, no idea what the nib size is but the pen seems to be in excellent shape.

LagNut
March 24th, 2014, 03:14 PM
They do fit the same convertors.

subhasish
April 5th, 2014, 01:48 PM
I used to have one of this ....lost it :(

Mags
April 6th, 2014, 05:28 AM

How is that pen, by the way? I'm curious about it.
Thanks!

The pen is true to its name as a F/M and writes Japanese fine maybe a touch wet hence medium. It has a neat nib but the steel nib is not as flexy as perhaps most would attribute pilot Nakaya designs to offer today. This pen is perfect for a University student needing to make notes in the margin of a textbook. (I suspect more and more textbook obsolence though with IPad ePub and other electronic distributions). I would purchase fine or extra fine rollerballs back in the 80s for tiny summary notes which became later my summary notes in a notebook.

The cap fits well. The converter works well. I found the first month a bit too scratchy. I complained to Pilot who disavowed all knowledge in Canada of ever making the pen altogether. Clearly it was a product made by Pilot. Sigh. I received a reply from an ill informed and likely lazy employee who had no intention of checking if they had a different nib for the model in inventory to sell me.

It is now cleaned and put away. I don't think I will use it much. Maybe I will add it to my trading pen portfolio. I should actually sort through my pens and decide on some to sell and consolidate my collection. You got me thinking now which ones to sell.