PDA

View Full Version : *** OMAS MOTHERLODE ***

cees achterberg
January 20th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Hi All,
Some time ago I met a senior citizen who does quite a bit of buying/selling of secondhand goods to complement his pension; books, camera's, TV/audio you name it. He mentioned that also had some binders with (fountain) pens that he had picked up somewhere around 2000 and had a hard time selling (he lives in a rural area in the Netherlands). A few weeks ago I went over to see him and his binders and I nearly fell off my chair when he showed me them. i'd expected some not all too expensive pens, but in the binders were Delta, C'Aran d'Ache, Porsche Design, OMAS etc. I ended up buying a Delta Profili from him ...

Today I was in his neigbourhood and paid him a visit. He told me that his FP's were still slow-going. When I told him about the (international) FP community and the buying/selling over the internet he asked if I could help him out with selling his pens ... how can one refuse and I told him I would do my best with his OMAS pens ...

So here goes ....

Up for sale are 13 OMAS FP's. NOS from around 2000 and all in mint condition without box

Nr 11 is sold

The original price tags are still on the pens; my estimate (please tell me if I'm wrong) is that they should go for about 80% of the original price + € 10 shipping (€ 20 with T&T)
Realistic offers of course are welcome !!

I've numbered the pens and annotated the nib size (pics were taken with my iPhone, if you need better pics just let me know).

As I'm hoping for lots of reactions please contact me directly at c.achterberg@home.nl when you are interested or need any further clarification.

Cheers (also on behalf of the present owner),
Cees | Netherlands

PS: 1 Euro = USD 1.35

kaisnowbird
January 20th, 2014, 10:36 PM
OMG!!! :jaw: Only if I could afford No.11.

cees achterberg
January 21st, 2014, 02:41 AM
I know how it feels :crazy_pilot:

KrazyIvan
January 21st, 2014, 10:45 AM
Yup, 11 would be my first choice too. *sigh*

tandaina
January 21st, 2014, 10:49 AM
Yup, #8 or #11. Too bad Omas prices are so incredibly high. I'll only pay that for a Nakaya with custom work on it. (I did, a master craftsman custom made a pen to my design with fancy maki-e for the amount Omas charges.) So I'll just look and sigh.

Dad Of Sapling
January 21st, 2014, 01:23 PM
If only I could afford any of them.

cees achterberg
January 23rd, 2014, 04:59 PM
Nr 11 is sold

cees achterberg
January 26th, 2014, 04:28 AM
:bump: ... For those who are interested ... your offer is more than welcome !

youstruckgold
January 27th, 2014, 05:59 AM
I am interested in #3 and 12. Is it possible to do some sort of deal on there's including postage to Australia? Also, what is the last pen in the group - an ogiva of some sort ?

cees achterberg
January 28th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I am interested in #3 and 12. Is it possible to do some sort of deal on there's including postage to Australia? Also, what is the last pen in the group - an ogiva of some sort ?

PM sent

Don't know exactly what the last one is yet ... It looks like an Ogiva, but it's a lot bigger and has a different ring on the cap ..

ericteman
August 17th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Do you have an OMAS 360 magnum available?