PDA

View Full Version : A Mont Blanc 224 question

BikerBabe
January 20th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Hi guys.

I have a Mont Blanc 224, but no ink cartridges that will fit the otherwise nice pen.
What do I need to look for, what type cartridges will fit this particular model, or is it a converter that I need to find?
In advance thanks for any help in this matter, since it's frustrating to have an otherwise nice pen lying around without being able to use it.

Cheers,

Maria.

jar
January 20th, 2014, 08:45 PM
The 224 was piston filled, the 224P used standard International cartridges.

tandaina
January 20th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Yes, that's generally what the 4 stands for on those pens, piston fill. If it comes apart like it could take carts that's a problem!

The old Montblanc cartridge pens should take a standard Montblanc cartridge. (the converters can get funny, but the carts should all work.)

BikerBabe
January 22nd, 2014, 03:16 PM
Thank you very much guys. I think I have learned a big lesson yesterday, when I read your replies and took a long hard look at my MB 224. *blush* :D
It is a piston filler, I had made the mistake of taking it apart at the midsection, thinking it was a cartridge pen.
So I wondered what the heck that long piece of plastic tube was doing in the pen, because it made it impossible to put a cartridge in the pen.
Well, I put the pen back together and re-examined the rear end of the pen - and lo and behold, there was a tiny ridge that showed me where the twisty turn button thing was, at the back end. I tell you, that was a true palmface moment for me. :p :D
I reassembled the pen completely and filled it with Diamine Sargasso Sea, and now the pen works perfectly fine, no problems at all despite my tinkering with it the absoutely wrong way.
So:
Thank you very much for your feedback and input and all, the pen works perfectly, it is a very nice writer and I enjoy using it. :)

jar
January 22nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
Fantastic news. Enjoy.

BikerBabe
January 22nd, 2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks Jar, I will. ;)